Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of you brought to my attention to change our user titles.
This is a new ranking scheme (based on number of posts):

0-49 -- New Member
50 - 499 -- Member
500 - 999 -- Senior Member
1000 - 2499 -- Professional Member
2500 - 4900 -- Supreme Member
5000 - above -- Expert Member

Let me know if you'd like to amend this scheme in any way.

Joe

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Looks good to me. I'm working my way to being a "Member". Thanks for your help with Mojo & Zoe's picture. It worked great.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome Donna. If you ever need any help, just post it here or send me a private message.
Joe

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
On most of the other forums I've belonged to, the user titles usually have the option to be personalized... but I understand that that is all software dependent.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
monomer said:
On most of the other forums I've belonged to, the user titles usually have the option to be personalized... but I understand that that is all software dependent.
Hi Monomer,
I can change the settings of the forum for registered user group, which would allow me to change "Can Use Custom Title" from NO to YES.
I just currently don't see any advantage in doing it.
If you give me some good points on why this should be changed, I'll change it.
Joe

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
Ok, for starters...

Every posting comes with the poster's join date and current number of posts in the upper right-hand corner... that pretty much gives us the same information as "new member", "member", "senor member", etc... (actually it gives us a lot MORE info than a simple user ranking title)

A user selectable title can be used to give a personal description of the poster... I usually like to use "Old Guy" as mine... this let's everyone know at a glance that first of all I'm a guy (and all that entails) and also I'm kinda old, as opposed to say... me being a young girl... I think that would make a difference in how someone might interpret my posting... it gives all the readers some frame of reference. Much more usable than a simple ranking, don't you think?

Someone else might choose say... "the devil's spawn" or "leader of the pack" etc... all these titles give us readers a clue as to how this person is likely to view things. Also, unlike our user names, these titles (like our avatar's) can be changed on a whim or as our perspectives change... and since the user name is still the same, there's no identity confusion.

Well Joe, whatdaya think? Got ya convinced yet? Need any more reasons? Seriously though, I've been on many, many forums, from home theater forums to plumbing to beer brewing to water gardening etc. and most do allow user title choice... but really its no big deal one way or the other, whatever.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, you pretty much convinced me and "Can Use Custom Title" is set to YES, as of now.
So everyone, go ahead and change your titles to whatever you wish :)
joe

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
mojosmum said:
Looks good to me. I'm working my way to being a "Member". Thanks for your help with Mojo & Zoe's picture. It worked great.
Just browsing old threads and thought this was funny....you were working on "Member" which was 50 posts, and now you're over 650. Now you're working on "Professional Member."

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
My kids make fun of me because I have WAY TOO MANY posts for only being here for a month..... They say I have NO LIFE. I think I talk too much.....and I just like the conversation. We really have a great group of people here.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
RickGibbs said:
My kids make fun of me because I have WAY TOO MANY posts for only being here for a month..... They say I have NO LIFE.
My husband has made this point about the volume of my posts several times ...usually during his 4th hour of online poker....

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
Lucky's mom said:
My husband has made this point about the volume of my posts several times ...usually during his 4th hour of online poker....
lol......good point. Yeah....my kids shouldn't talk, either. MSN Messenger, Xbox video games, computer games.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
HMMMMM ...... now I don't know what to put under my name. Any suggestions? Rick i'm sure you'll come up with something!!! :D

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
Lexie's Mom said:
HMMMMM ...... now I don't know what to put under my name. Any suggestions? Rick i'm sure you'll come up with something!!! :D
I just changed mine.....you inspired my new title....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts