Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

just found this site. im mam to an 20month old golden boy and im in the uk. were getting our new puppy at the end of june which were all excited about. ive seen some of the beautiful goldens in the photo gallery already and i love looking at all their pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome Liz. Glad to have you here. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the people on this site...we all love our goldies to pieces. Send some pictures!

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Hello

:welcome: Your golden boy is just beautiful. What's his name? Will your new one be a golden girl? You'll be happy that you found this site. Everyone is so friendly :wave: Cathy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sasha's mom said:
:welcome: Your golden boy is just beautiful. What's his name? Will your new one be a golden girl? You'll be happy that you found this site. Everyone is so friendly :wave: Cathy
hi there and thank you,:wave:

my golden boys's name is bailey and the new pup were getting is another boy (name still to be decided). just hoping that bailey is going to be as excited about him as we are. saying that he has a lovely nature and just loves other dogs. so fingers crossed he will feel the same when the little one arrives.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. They will get used to one another just fine. You'll see, they'll be the best friends.
Btw. those photos are great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe said:
I wouldn't worry about it. They will get used to one another just fine. You'll see, they'll be the best friends.
Btw. those photos are great.
thanks, i sure hope they do. but its good to know that there are people on these sites who can share their experences if i have any questions.:)

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
A younger brother for Bailey:

:wavey: I got my first GR when my first dog, Hershey, a choc. lab, was 13mo. old. It worked out great. Hershey still acted like a pup and Sasha looked up to Hershey. If Bailey's nature is friendly then he should be real happy to have a buddy to play with and socialize with. I think two dogs are always better than one if circumstances allow it. They play with each other differently than you can play with them and they are so much fun to watch.:lol: Cathy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new puppy

hi,:wave:

i havent been on this site for ages. the pup i mentioned that we were getting at the end of june sadly died. but the good news is that we are now the proud owners of a new little boy called josh. he has been with us for 4 weeks now and we just love him to bits. he is a little terror when awake, always hanging off some part of my big boy bailey's body. but bailey tolerates him 100%,there has'nt been one angry growl (as yet!).
here's a few pics of them:p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Welcome back Liz!The photos of Josh and Bailey are GReat.Have you posted them in our photo gallary yet? Did you noyice the linj to the map site? It's pretty cool,you can mark on the map where you are from.
We can't wait to see more photos of Josh and Bailey as Josh grows.
Shane

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Liz
I am new to this site also from the uk cant belive you GR is called Bailey same as mine i also have a choc lab
love your pics of the boys bet your having lots of fun

RON AND THE BOYS

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome back Liz.

I'm so sorry the puppy you first posted about died BUT I'm so very glad you now have Josh!

I have to tell you that picture #5 is my absolute favourite!!!!!!!!! Little Josh just climbed up behind his big brother for security and warmth. It's a totally AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW moment! Puts that happy smile on your face when you see it.

What a wonderful big brother Bailey is. Aren't Goldens just wonderful!

·
Old Guy
3,258 Posts
Hey Lizzy... could you post your avatar picture AND your profile picture (the one where they are peeking over the top of the sofa) in the forum gallery? I'd like to blow them up and print them out and show them to my wife. I really want to get another Golden but she has been resisting and I'm thinking those pictures might help to break her down... Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi everyone,

thanks for your kind replies. life is a bit hectic at the moment with the new puppy, not much time for sitting at my computer but i know over the next couple of month things will settle down a bit. josh can go out for his 1st walk this coming friday so that will certainly be fun. he's ready for it, if only to wear some of his excess energy off.

to momomer, i have posted some pics of the two of them in the puppy gallery:bowl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.