Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

New to this site

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Hudson 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd introduce myself and my beautiful golden "Meg", we live about 2 hours from Brisbane in sunny Queensland, Australia. Meg is 15 months old at the moment and the first golden I have owned, but by no means the last! I am constantly amazed at how smart and loving she is. I am married and have 3 kids, 1 cat, 1guinea pig and 8 goldfish!

#8 · (Edited)
Time really does go by too fast. . . This seems like so long ago.

#6 ·
I'm Your Next Door Neighbour!

Hi Barb

I live on the Gold Coast so we are right near each other. What a small world! Meg is lovely, where did you buy her from? Was it a pet store or breeder or friend? If it was a breeder I'de love to know who. I am trying to get a picutre of all the breeders in QLD. Whether they are nice, helpful, etc. That way I'll know who to deal with when I start my own kennel in a few years!

Chat soon!:D
Charm

#14 ·
Hi Barb

I live on the Gold Coast so we are right near each other. What a small world! Meg is lovely, where did you buy her from? Was it a pet store or breeder or friend? If it was a breeder I'de love to know who. I am trying to get a picutre of all the breeders in QLD. Whether they are nice, helpful, etc. That way I'll know who to deal with when I start my own kennel in a few years!

Chat soon!:D
Charm
Hi Charm,
I'm Lorraine from Ipswich, mum to 2 y.o. Jemma! I got her from a 1st time breeder ( I think) in Morayfield. No papers, but then they weren't into the showing side of things. Jemma is a beautiful girl.

cheers

#7 ·
Gday Charm, My sister lives on the gold coast also! We bought Meg from a breeder who is a friend of ours, she is the local Vet, loves her dogs and is a very reponsible breeder. I haven't had much to do with other breeders but have found a couple that are close by. Would love to chat with you about this, and find out more about you and your dog, but I'm getting the rush from my husband so I will drop you a line later.

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum.. Although I've always had large dogs, our Penny & Maggie are out first goldens also and I can't imagine life without them. I think you'll find you've joined a great group of golden nuts. We love lots of pics and stories. Please join in the fun and discussions... enjoy !

#11 ·
Helloand welcome from the Texas coast. I am Mom to full golden, KayCee who will be 9 in Aug. and our adopted goldfen girl mix, Honey, who turned 6 last Dec.

I was born in Perth, but Mom and I joined Daddy here in the states after the war--WWII naturally--so I don't remember anything about Aust. However, all these years later I am still in contact with cousins down there, and in fact, just recently got calendars and a CD--Australian Pop of the70's, GET THAT JIVE from a cousin 5 weeks older than me. And we are old an enjoy the "oldie songs" from both countries.

#18 ·
Hi Meggies Mum, welcome to another fellow Aussie. I live in South Australia, 3 children , one daughter in Adelaide , son in Sydney and daughter in Ireland. We have two goldens Asha who just turned 7 and Hudson 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.