Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd introduce myself and my beautiful golden "Meg", we live about 2 hours from Brisbane in sunny Queensland, Australia. Meg is 15 months old at the moment and the first golden I have owned, but by no means the last! I am constantly amazed at how smart and loving she is. I am married and have 3 kids, 1 cat, 1guinea pig and 8 goldfish!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Meggiesmum! Your house sounds as if it could be just as noisy as mine!!! I have two kids, a seven month old golden and a cat. (oh, and a husband, nearly forgot about him). Let us know all about what Meg gets up to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm Your Next Door Neighbour!

Hi Barb

I live on the Gold Coast so we are right near each other. What a small world! Meg is lovely, where did you buy her from? Was it a pet store or breeder or friend? If it was a breeder I'de love to know who. I am trying to get a picutre of all the breeders in QLD. Whether they are nice, helpful, etc. That way I'll know who to deal with when I start my own kennel in a few years!

Chat soon!:D
Charm

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gday Charm, My sister lives on the gold coast also! We bought Meg from a breeder who is a friend of ours, she is the local Vet, loves her dogs and is a very reponsible breeder. I haven't had much to do with other breeders but have found a couple that are close by. Would love to chat with you about this, and find out more about you and your dog, but I'm getting the rush from my husband so I will drop you a line later.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, I'm sorry I didn't attach a photo of my girl Meg with my intro- anyway here she is at 12 months of age.
Time really does go by too fast. . . This seems like so long ago.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Although I've always had large dogs, our Penny & Maggie are out first goldens also and I can't imagine life without them. I think you'll find you've joined a great group of golden nuts. We love lots of pics and stories. Please join in the fun and discussions... enjoy !

·
3 goldens
12,119 Posts
Helloand welcome from the Texas coast. I am Mom to full golden, KayCee who will be 9 in Aug. and our adopted goldfen girl mix, Honey, who turned 6 last Dec.

I was born in Perth, but Mom and I joined Daddy here in the states after the war--WWII naturally--so I don't remember anything about Aust. However, all these years later I am still in contact with cousins down there, and in fact, just recently got calendars and a CD--Australian Pop of the70's, GET THAT JIVE from a cousin 5 weeks older than me. And we are old an enjoy the "oldie songs" from both countries.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Barb

I live on the Gold Coast so we are right near each other. What a small world! Meg is lovely, where did you buy her from? Was it a pet store or breeder or friend? If it was a breeder I'de love to know who. I am trying to get a picutre of all the breeders in QLD. Whether they are nice, helpful, etc. That way I'll know who to deal with when I start my own kennel in a few years!

Chat soon!:D
Charm
Hi Charm,
I'm Lorraine from Ipswich, mum to 2 y.o. Jemma! I got her from a 1st time breeder ( I think) in Morayfield. No papers, but then they weren't into the showing side of things. Jemma is a beautiful girl.

cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Meggies Mum

Meg looks gorgeous. I am from Perth and am also new to this forum and learning to get around it. Spent 10 days in QLD in February. It was a great escape from the Perth heat at the time.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
hi -- I'm best friend to a 12 y/o OBi & newly in luv with a 7 m/o Bridger. In addition to learning so much here, I can blabber about my dogs (other people getting tired of it).
we also have Sadie, 7 y/o black lab (sorry, Sadie, to mention you last)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Hi Meggies Mum, welcome to another fellow Aussie. I live in South Australia, 3 children , one daughter in Adelaide , son in Sydney and daughter in Ireland. We have two goldens Asha who just turned 7 and Hudson 3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts