Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am new to this forum and am enjoying the comraderie and information shared among golden lovers. We recently lost our beloved 8 yr old golden and are still grieving, but are looking forward to a new pup in April. We are considering finding a holistic vet, this time. Can anyone share their thoughts on this ? Thanks much. Bambi:wavey:

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome From Georgia Bambi:wave: Im sorry to hear of the loss of your Golden.

Please share some pictures. What was his/her name. We kinda like to be a bit personal around here.:)

Sorry I do not have any insight about a holistic vet however there are those among us who do.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Welcome Jaco! I am so sorry about your recent loss, many of us have been there sad to say. Glad though about the new puppy..YEA!!!

We have just found a holistic Vet in our area too. I am going to take the dogs there this year and see how it goes. I am sorry I don't have any imput on this now, but as AlanK said, many here use this. Welcome and ask your question to the members.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Alan, thanks for your warm welcome. I will do my best to post some pics of our Jaco, who was male and 8 yrs old when he died of Histiocytic sarcoma on 12/19/11.

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
Welcome welcome. I am so sorry about the loss of your golden. It is a very hard and painful thing to go through but you are in a place where everyone will understand how you are feeling. We really do love to see pictures and hear stories about your angel.
We have 2 vets, one holistic and one that is basically a regular medical vet but he works in conjunction with our holistic vet. We also feed a raw diet as recommended by our holistic vet. I truly believe that our holistic vet helped give our BoBo an extra 2 years(we lost him at age 11) with the herbs, chiropractic and acupuncture care. He researches food, supplements, recommends titers for our dogs rather than vaccinations(our dogs are 10 and 4) all for our specific needs. Since he limits his practice to not included surgery we have our second vet. If you have a holistic vet available it is well worth checking out his philosophy and practice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Deb... thanks much and I will definitely use this forum as a learning tool, in addition to making new golden lover friends! My main reason for considering a holistic vet, is due to all the comments and information re: over vaccination, etc. I have to wonder if Jaco's immune system went ballistic after a series of vaccinations required to kennel (the first and only time we ever did)him for 5 days. I guess we are always looking for answers, and we'll never know for certain; but, I want to be cautious and well informed, with my new pup coming in April, hopefully.
I'll try to get pics of Jaco up, soon. Bambi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm trying to get the hang of this and haven't figured out how to post replies individually, or just post them as part of a string.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Don't worry, you will get the hang of it in no time. Think you will find a loving family here, so type as though you are speaking to a friend/family as we are not in for a lot of formality. Very knowledgeable people here and many of us have concerns with our states vacination schedules. Know Vet meds are in a progress of changing, new ideas are coming and we hope our beloved animals benefit in the end.

We also have really fantastic Vets here that offer a lot of help and guidance. Think you will enjoy joining and finding a new extended family here.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
I can't seem to post a picture, so guess I should actually look for some directions.....
pics coming soon.
Several ways to post a picture I find the easiest is to click on the paperclip button when posting and browse to select a pic.
If you are using the quick reply window to post you must be in the advanced mode to see the paperclip button.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Welcome and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I haven't used a holistic vet either but I'll be interested in hearing what others have to say. You might want to start a new thread in the health section so others with experience see it. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts