Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hammer's Mommy
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! My name is Monica and am a mom to 5 amazing kiddos! My husband and I worked hard at finding the right dog for us.. we wanted a dog that was going to grow with the kids and be good to them! we have 2 acres for him to play around... anything I should now ... any things you have learned along the way?? Thanks so much!

forgot to add we got a 9 week old golden... his name is Hammer!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi and welcome. Have you had a dog before? If so what kind? How old are the children?
I hope you enjoy the forum :)

·
Hammer's Mommy
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! yes we had a lab... a for a few years about 5 years he got sick very and was put down.. then we got a chihuahua and about a month a go a he ran out of the house when my lilttle one opened the door and car ran over it! yes very sad and we were all heartbroken! my kids are 13,9,6,4,2

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Are you looking for an older dog? There are some great golden retreiver rescues. Some of the other members can tell you where to find that info.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,720 Posts
I would go for an older dog especially since your last dog was lost so tragically. Little ones puppy and human forget.

Good luck in your search.

I got Lucky in 1998 during summer vacation when my brother and I would be home to help Mom housebreak him.

·
Hammer's Mommy
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes we got a puppy! we wanted a puppy so it could grow with the kids! I got him 3 days ago! will add pics later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts