Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Grahams Daddy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just came across this site while looking for good info on the GR pups. Great site and extremely informative.

My wife, Son and I had a small female Chihuahua for 8 years. A few months ago she developed heart enlargement issues and died in my wifes arms on the way to the vet. We were so grief stricken that it was like loosing a Son or Daughter. We swore we would never want another animal to get that close and break our hearts again.

Today we saw an add for GR pups that are AKC registered and come from championship bloodlines. It melted our hearts and we went to look at them. I picked up this one that was 8.5 weeks old and he and I both new that he was coming home.

My Son named him Graham and we talked with the breeders for a while.
I plan on bieng a member of this forum for some time to come to ask advice, gain knowledge and just make some good friends.

I will try to get some pics up tomorrow night.

Hello to all of you.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new addition. I'm sure he will bring you tons of joy and help you with the loss of your Chihuahua. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

·
Administrator
16,473 Posts
Congratulations on getting a new pup. We welcome you, your family, and of course Graham to this board. We hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Welcome from the Coast of Maine! Graham is one lucky puppy...he will have his very own Boy! That's way-cool! I will enjoy seeing some pictures when you get them posted...Awwww, Puppy Breath! :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Graham,
Congrats on the new puppy and hope you enjoy your time here. There is a ton of information in the puppy section if you need it and if you cant find it, just jump in posting there are a ton of people here with a wealth of information. I cant wait to see pictures of him. I am so sorry about your chihuaha, know that loss, I had two little yorkies and lost one of them to heart issues. Graham will help the pain to lessen with all the goofiness and laughter from laughing at his antics.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Hi and welcome!! I cant wait to see pictures of your new puppy!!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Please share pictures!

·
Grahams Daddy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the photos we just shot tonight.
We love him soooo much.:)

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry about you chi, that is so hard.

But Graham is remarkably cute and will heal your hearts.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Graham is absolutely adorable!

·
3 goldens
11,803 Posts
Hello and welcome from the coast of Texas. Graham is one durn cute little guy. you will never forget your chi, you will love him forever, but this fluffball is going to really help the grief. My golden boy, Buck, died in my arms of a heart attack o May 15, 2007 but he was 12 yrs. 3 months. It was crushing, but at least he had lived a long and healthy life.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I know that feeling. We lost our 1st Golden Apil 08 & I said I would not go through it again........well we have a puppy we are scheduled to pick up on March 7th. Cute guy, wow, big size difference between your Chihuahua. Great name too. We can not seem to decide on a name for ours & we have known we were getting her for 6 weeks or so.
Look forward to seeing more photos as he grows. THank you for sharing.

·
The Ariz. Retriever Crew
1,752 Posts
What a doll he is! Congrat's on the new pup! Sorry your Chi passed on! Can't wait to watch him grow up!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome! Graham is beautiful. Looking forward to watching him grow up through your pictures. Keep em coming. BTW we started with one and low and behold now
have 2. Goldens steal your heart and its hard to have just one!

Cooki

Buzz.... big brother 1yr
Clover...the little sister 3mons

·
Grahams Daddy
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to all of you.
I will stay in touch and post often.

:wave:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is a real cutie and that first picture he looks like he is saying "I look so innocent."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts