Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Golden Girl
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Christina. I found this forum and figured I'd give it a shot. Would be nice to chat with some other golden fans.

Anyhow I grew up with Goldens. My parents got our first Golden (Taffy) from the SPCA in Howard County Md when I was around 4 and we fell in love with the breed. A couple years later they purchased their first AKC girl from a breeder, Noel. Noel and I were inseparable. She was a wonderful dog, but we soon found out as she got older that her history was so inbred and over-bred that she had many many problems. So at the age of 7 and with her many problems sadly we had to put her down. Which we then got Mandy. At this point I was a bit older and we had decided as a family to breed Mandy when she was ready. She was a great mom for all three litters she had until we retired her. We even kept two of her pups. Bailey & Nubbins. Nubbins was from the second litter and was born with her paw out of the sac, so it cut the circulation off to the paw and like the umbilical cord it dried and fell off. We had many people tell us to put her down because it was a defect and AKC would frown but all it did was anger us. Just because people are born with abnormalities does not mean we kill them. Anyhow, Nubbins grew up fine and managed without her paw and was a great service dog, visiting the local elderly homes for many years. Bailey grew to be a beautiful dog and we bred her as well. She had two litters before she was retired. All our goldens were dear members of our family and we loved them all till the end.

When all our goldens had passed. I had moved and wanted to try a different breed of dog. So I had did some research and got my first rottweiler. Which proved to be an amazing dog and companion. Sadie was with me for 6 years until last Jan when she developed cancer and I had to put her down.

That is when the Golden stole my heart again and my husband and I brought Shelby into our small life. We wanted a family dog and I wanted to eventually breed Golden's again so we searched and found a breeder in Cadorus, PA. I picked Shelby and now she is our baby girl. Plus with our first child on it's way I am happy to have a golden for the baby to grow up with.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Shelby is so beautiful. Congrats to you on the "other baby" that is coming into your life. All the best.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Welcome to you and Shelby to the forum......she is gorgeous. Reminds me of my Austin!!!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Welcome to you and Shelby. She is a wonderful looking pup! I hope you enjoy it here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts