Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chauncey's Daddy
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I recently adopted a golden retriever puppy, Chauncey Aethelwulf Jackson, on 13 Sep 2011. He was born on 8 Jul 2011. When I was growing up I always wanted a dog, but my mother forbade it (she is one of those stereotypical "crazy cat ladies"), so I decided to get Chauncey as an early 30th birthday present for myself.

·
Administrator
16,463 Posts
Welcome to you and Chauncey Aethelwulf Jackson to this forum. I am sure you will enjoy many years of this birthday present.

·
Mac's Dad
848 Posts
Hi Welcome,
Great choice for a first time dog....with love ,patience and early training ...you will be a very happy dog owner....make sure you let the dog have his alone times with you so he can bond and protect him from the children who poke his eyes ...pull his tail and won't give him enough space for himself ....

Mac'sdad

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Love his name! My mother was also one who forbade dogs...cats...gold fish...no animals of any kind. Of course now I have horses, cats, Our Penny and would take in every dog if I could.

I don't know about the kids thing...Penny loves kids and doesn't mind the pokes and pulls. She'd rather be with kids than adults.

So relax, enjoy, take lots of pictures (share them with us) and keep us posted on all Chauncey's accomplishments!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Welcome! I had a Golden when I was growing up, but he died when I was 14, and my parents didn't really want to get another dog. So when I moved out on my own after college, I got myself a Golden Retriever and never looked back. We have two now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts