Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So glad it happened this weekend as BaWaaJige just turned 1yr on the 9th. To get the TDI title your dog must be 1yr old. BaWaaJige did fantastic. We passed the test with flying colours. I was worried how he would be graded on the 3 minute seperation. I put in a sit told him to wait but the evaluator started baby talking with him. Then I heard her say you need to sit. She only said it once but still she got him excited. Then a nurse went around the corner to where Jige was waiting and I heard her start talikning to him too. Jige is such a social butterfly he loves attention. But Tracy said it wasnt his fault the nurse fell to her knees and was loving him. He did well with all the residents they all loved him. So Yea!! Need to send in paperwork but he passed the test.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Congrats! Good job Jige! You must be so proud!

·
Tucker's Human ~ Melissa
817 Posts
Congratulations! He certainly is a beautiful example of what Golden's should be! You are doing a great job with him!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. BaWaaJige makes it easy he is so good and laid back around the older folks.

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Congratulations! You must be so proud. I am aiming towards Mercy getting her TDI and visiting nursing home residents and children, blessing them wih Christ's love. My previous dog got his TDI but not until age 7.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mercy's mom I hope that you and Mercy get your TDI. As far as your other dog being older it doesnt matter when they get as long as they do so you can share a bit of fun and laughter with people that can no longer have pets in their lives. That is why we are doing this. I hope I never end up in a Nursing home I can not imagine not having my pets. I want to share mine with them.

·
Registered
12,452 Posts
Congratulations!! That is such a meaningful accomplishment. I had always hoped to do therapy with Tesia, and while she was always a dream with older people and the very young, she never would have passed the tests with able bodied, healthy young adults.

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
congratulations! great job!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Congratulations! Good boy Jige!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts