Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
I loved the time leading up to getting my puppy - the anticipation is almost as fun as the arrival!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I can't wait to see pictures of your puppy when you bring him home. I hope Abby will be so happy too.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’m excited for you! I pick up mine next Saturday. It feels like forever since I’ve had a puppy but it’s only been 16 months!
My Abby, a Cavalier King Charles, is four and a half years old. My last (and first) Golden Retriever puppy was born on June 14, 2010 -- so it has been a while. I have memories of the teething years -- mostly fond and some "ouch" memories. 😅

Congratulations on your new puppy! It has been fun buying the supplies. I bought a puppy crate and laughed when it came in. It is quite the contrast in size to what my Luke had as an adult. 😁😊

·
Registered
634 Posts
My Abby, a Cavalier King Charles, is four and a half years old. My last (and first) Golden Retriever puppy was born on June 14, 2010 -- so it has been a while. I have memories of the teething years -- mostly fond and some "ouch" memories. 😅

Congratulations on your new puppy! It has been fun buying the supplies. I bought a puppy crate and laughed when it came in. It is quite the contrast in size to what my Luke had as an adult. 😁😊
The 24”/25” kennel is hilarious. Bought it and didn’t expect to use it so soon again. Stella was in it probably longer than others because she came home around 7.5 lbs at 8 weeks. I have a feeling this puppy will be 10 or so at 9-10 weeks!

baby shark phase hit last time around 16 weeks....and never felt like it would end! Lol

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The 24”/25” kennel is hilarious. Bought it and didn’t expect to use it so soon again. Stella was in it probably longer than others because she came home around 7.5 lbs at 8 weeks. I have a feeling this puppy will be 10 or so at 9-10 weeks!

baby shark phase hit last time around 16 weeks....and never felt like it would end! Lol
haha -- at least it wasn't immediate so you had some time to think, "Oh my goodness! You are so cute!" 🤪

I remember almost being reduced to tears when Luke was small. He loved nipping the backs of my calves. 😅

·
Registered
634 Posts
haha -- at least it wasn't immediate so you had some time to think, "Oh my goodness! You are so cute!" 🤪

I remember almost being reduced to tears when Luke was small. He loved nipping the backs of my calves. 😅
Oh, mine? She sat, tilted her head, and then bit me on the inner thigh. I bawled. Lol. Still have those pajamas with the baby tooth hole! Thankfully she had about 4 weeks of being mouthy and now she doesn’t even bother! I’m in for it with this one probably! Haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on your new puppy! We can't wait to see him! Great name as well! I am sorry to hear about your loss of Luke. It is such a shame that our canine family members don't live longer.....They are such great companions. I am sure you are going to love the new guy! Robin is a great person to work with. She helped us get our recent boy, Dozer. She is extremely knowledgeable and I trust what she says. Looks like all is great again in your world! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Congrats on your new puppy! We can't wait to see him! Great name as well! I am sorry to hear about your loss of Luke. It is such a shame that our canine family members don't live longer.....They are such great companions. I am sure you are going to love the new guy! Robin is a great person to work with. She helped us get our recent boy, Dozer. She is extremely knowledgeable and I trust what she says. Looks like all is great again in your world! Enjoy!!
Thank you! It is hard to lose them and I think of Luke every day. He even visited me in a dream the night before I picked him up and a good friend of mine had a dream about Luke and her helping to pick a puppy for me the week before we headed to get Logan.

I met Robin yesterday and really like her a lot and trust her also. She has been so helpful and I know will continue to be if (when - ha) needed.

I'm about to start a new thread for sweet Logan. We are smitten already!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've been offline for the past couple of months after getting a full knee replacement that went very well. In fact, I'm going in tomorrow to get my other knee replaced so Lords knows when I'll be back on the site. That said...Congratulations! How exciting! About this time last year, we brought home a new GR puppy after losing our GR to cancer as well. Nothing better to mend the wounds of loss than the scent of fresh puppy breath. Enjoy your new baby! (y):)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts