Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I lost my sweet Cool Hand Luke on August 28th to cancer. It broke my heart and he will always hold a part of my heart.

We really miss having a Golden in the house and being part of our family. My little Abby (Cavalier King Charles) misses having a playmate too.

We're getting a new Golden Retriever the weekend of January 22! I'm so excited!!

I chose Robin/Prism Goldens in Ocala, Florida. She's full of information and knowledge.

I'm being treated to photos of the new puppies already and they are so incredibly cute/sweet.

I recently puppy sat my daughter's pug puppy and received a not so gentle reminder of puppy teeth. lol

Just thought I'd share. I've been working on names for the new sweetie. I named Luke after my favorite actor/movie -- Paul Newman/Cool Hand Luke. It was a good name for him. I'm not sure what route I will go with the new pup. I may stick with Paul Newman movies/characters. I also love names from Greek mythology (Apollo, Argos, etc.) I enjoy fantasy and science fiction. I've come up with so many names and have been sharing ideas on Facebook. My son said he loves the list of 200 dog names I'm creating. ?

Anyway, mostly I'm just sharing we're getting a new puppy. It makes me very happy. My husband is excited too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I remember the first Paul Newman movie I saw, with him playing a young blond Greek artist (I think). His name was Basil So that sort of fits both criteria :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember the first Paul Newman movie I saw, with him playing a young blond Greek artist (I think). His name was Basil So that sort of fits both criteria :)
The Silver Chalice. It was his acting debut. He apparently did not care for it in retrospect. Basil is a nice name. It means royal or kingly.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Congratulations. A new puppy never replaces but it does help heal the heart. You couldn't ask for a better breeder.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congratulations. A new puppy never replaces but it does help heal the heart. You couldn't ask for a better breeder.
She's been very helpful and the puppies are beautiful. We are so excited! It will be a wonderful way to go into 2020 and will bring much joy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
As some of you know, I lost my sweet Cool Hand Luke on August 28th to cancer. It broke my heart and he will always hold a part of my heart.

We really miss having a Golden in the house and being part of our family. My little Abby (Cavalier King Charles) misses having a playmate too.

We're getting a new Golden Retriever the weekend of January 22! I'm so excited!!

I chose Robin/Prism Goldens in Ocala, Florida. She's full of information and knowledge.

I'm being treated to photos of the new puppies already and they are so incredibly cute/sweet.

I recently puppy sat my daughter's pug puppy and received a not so gentle reminder of puppy teeth. lol

Just thought I'd share. I've been working on names for the new sweetie. I named Luke after my favorite actor/movie -- Paul Newman/Cool Hand Luke. It was a good name for him. I'm not sure what route I will go with the new pup. I may stick with Paul Newman movies/characters. I also love names from Greek mythology (Apollo, Argos, etc.) I enjoy fantasy and science fiction. I've come up with so many names and have been sharing ideas on Facebook. My son said he loves the list of 200 dog names I'm creating. ?

Anyway, mostly I'm just sharing we're getting a new puppy. It makes me very happy. My husband is excited too.
A good story you write. We lost two of our three Golden's this year. Just like you, the lose of the special companions was somewhat devastating to both my wife and I. As time passed we too missed having our pack! It was just to quite. We will be picking up a new male Golden around the same time you are picking up you new pup. He will not replace the one's we lost, but will open a new chapter for us with a new young Golden. The parents of this pup have names related to Western Cowboy characters. I will make a new post when we finalize his name. Good luck with your new pup.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A good story you write. We lost two of our three Golden's this year. Just like you, the lose of the special companions was somewhat devastating to both my wife and I. As time passed we too missed having our pack! It was just to quite. We will be picking up a new male Golden around the same time you are picking up you new pup. He will not replace the one's we lost, but will open a new chapter for us with a new young Golden. The parents of this pup have names related to Western Cowboy characters. I will make a new post when we finalize his name. Good luck with your new pup.
How exciting for you. I'm sorry about the loss of your Goldens. Luke has a piece of my heart. I still feel his sweet spirit. I like the idea of Western Cowboy Characters. I thought about Cassidy or Sundance. ?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations! My friend is getting one of Prisms pup from the same litter. Looking forward to her pup and my 4 1/2 month old pup growing up friends.?
Very cool. I'm excited for your friend! I hope your friend will post here. It would be cool to see photos!

·
Ann
385 Posts
So exciting...a new puppy. We, too, went through a list of names When we got Bear last year in July. We tried to stick with Scottish names. We chose Bairn, which is baby in Scottish but my husband kept pronouncing it as Bear. I would correct him and say, “just say bear with an ”n” after it. But, he couldn’t do it. So, we just stayed with Bear. Considering how he looked like a little polar bear cub when he was a puppy, it fit him. Good luck with your new pup. Please send us pictures When you can.
BC3285AA-1594-4269-9419-571A747905FE.jpeg
2F3B4A1A-F5BC-4507-BF20-D755246B802C.jpeg

·
Registered
251 Posts
How exciting for you. I'm sorry about the loss of your Goldens. Luke has a piece of my heart. I still feel his sweet spirit. I like the idea of Western Cowboy Characters. I thought about Cassidy or Sundance. ?
Thanks for the names...after much thought and time we have come up with what we think will work. His mother has the name Tin Lizzy, and she is a special dog in field events. We plan on running our dog, in time, in hunt tests as they are so much fun for both dogs and owners. Therefore, we will call him 'Shooter'! Specifically, Tin Lizzy's Shooter. His call name will be 'Bang'...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shooter is a great name! Congratulations <3 I’m sorry you lost Luke... I can’t even imagine what kind of a wreck I’ll be when Odin’s time comes. (And I can’t imagine losing TWO, as another poster up thread did — devastating.) But puppies bring new life, new love and new memories. All the best.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the names...after much thought and time we have come up with what we think will work. His mother has the name Tin Lizzy, and she is a special dog in field events. We plan on running our dog, in time, in hunt tests as they are so much fun for both dogs and owners. Therefore, we will call him 'Shooter'! Specifically, Tin Lizzy's Shooter. His call name will be 'Bang'...
That's a great name!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shooter is a great name! Congratulations <3 I’m sorry you lost Luke... I can’t even imagine what kind of a wreck I’ll be when Odin’s time comes. (And I can’t imagine losing TWO, as another poster up thread did — devastating.) But puppies bring new life, new love and new memories. All the best.
Thank you. There's not enough words to describe how much I loved Luke. I will always love Luke. I also know there will be tons to love about our new puppy family member.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So exciting...a new puppy. We, too, went through a list of names When we got Bear last year in July. We tried to stick with Scottish names. We chose Bairn, which is baby in Scottish but my husband kept pronouncing it as Bear. I would correct him and say, “just say bear with an ”n” after it. But, he couldn’t do it. So, we just stayed with Bear. Considering how he looked like a little polar bear cub when he was a puppy, it fit him. Good luck with your new pup. Please send us pictures When you can. View attachment 868508 View attachment 868509
Precious pup -- beautiful dog!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, an update because I'm getting excited about a new puppy.

I've been getting regular updates, photos, and today even a video of the puppies. They are all absolutely precious. I will be finding out which one is mine (ours - ha -- hubby does exist and is a lovely person) in about three weeks.

It was a wonderful beginning to the New Year to see all the beautiful puppies. They are precious beyond words. I'll start sharing photos when I know which one is ours. I will start a thread for him then. I can't wait to kiss his sweet face.

I ordered a crate for him today, a couple of Kong toys, a ball, a blanket, and some toenail clippers. I need to get some thinning shears for his ears.

It's nice to have something so sweet to look forward to!

Happy New Year to all of you!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts