Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a new puppy which we are very excited about but we also have a cat who is 10 months old.We know people who have both and they have said that theres get on fine but I just want to get some advice on how to make everything run as smoothly as possible.Any tips would be very welcome.X:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't worry, Goldens aren't bred to kill cats or any other small animals and they'll be good friends, especially if raised together from puppyhood...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really hope they do become friends.We cant wait to have him,we're getting everything prepared for him at the minute.Ill have to keep you updated and as soon as i have him get put a pic of him on here cos he is soooo cute.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, I already had a cat before i got Cooper. The cat stayed out of his way at first. The cat will defend itself if the dog goes near it by spitting, which surprised Cooper and he got the message! I just shouted on Cooper whenever he looked ready to chase her and gave him a treat for leaving her alone. I have a picture of Cooper following her posted on the puppies gallery. The cat was smaller than Cooper when he was a puppy. I had to put her dinner on the window ledge because Cooper always tried to eat it. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts