Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I live in East Yorkshire in the UK. We lost our rescue dog just after Christmas - he was a Collie/German shepherd cross called Dutch. Dutch was always a difficult dog although we loved him dearly. He died after a very short illness.

We had just decided we would wait until the autumn before thinking about another dog when my wife saw a sign for some 10 week old retriever puppies. She just popped in to have a look - and well you can probably guess the rest! We have always had rescue dogs and a puppy is a new experience for us - we are learning fast.

Needless to say our lives and that of our daughter has now been overtaken by a (not so ..) small bundle of energy. Our new arrival named Dylan has settled in and is now at the 'landshark' phase, this forum has been reassuring regarding this won't last for ever!

Here is a picture of him on the day of his arrival (a little blurry I am afraid).

Thanks for all the advice I have read here so far - it has been really useful.

·
aka Ali, Oscar's mom
493 Posts
So sorry for Dutch's loss, he was a very beautiful dog. Your new Dylan is SUPER adorable!! :D and I'm sure you will find this forum an awesome resource. There are also many UK members on here as well. Looking forward to more pictures of your fluffy pup!

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
I'm so sorry about Dutch. He was a very cute boy.

Congrats on Dylan! He is adorable! The landshark phase is a tough one, but like you said, it doesn't last forever. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Dylan and seeing more pictures.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry for your loss of Dutch, a lot of us here know how hard it is, he looked a very handsome boy, I'm sure you have some stories to tell of your lives with him....

Congratulations on the new addition to your family - I can't believe anything as cute as Dylan could possibly be referred to as a land shark.. far too sweet....lol! , I look forward to watching him grow up, so keep the pics/stories coming!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone - thanks for making us feel so welcome.

A few more pictures - here he is looking angelic!

Socialization is going well - I am a primary school teacher and Dylan spent some time in my class at the end of last week - he loves children.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
So sorry about Dutch - beautiful dog and thank you for sticking with a difficult dog. Your little Dylan is a doll.

·
Super Moderator Leader
54,178 Posts
Welcome! Congratulations on your new family member Dylan-he's absolutely gorgeous! Although Dylan will never replace Dutch, he will certianly help heal the hurt and loss you are feeling.

What a great idea you taking him to your class room to share and socialize with your students. Love it!

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
It was that ANGELIC face that made us fall in love with the breed.
Dutch was a beauty, very sorry about your loss.
Dylan is adorable, he will change very quickly, enjoy the puppy moments.
I love his name!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Welcome Dave and Dylan! So sorry about the loss of your Dutch; Dylan won't replace him, but he will surely provide lots of distraction from your grief. He's a darling little guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts