Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is Sheena [Queen of the Jungle] at 13 weeks. She weighed 22 pounds at the vet's this morning. I think there is some Tasmanian devil in the history. She can't abide unshredded paper and gives a whole new meaning to eager eater. I have lost 8 pounds since bringing her home, and Amber [our 9 year old golden] is slimming down, too. They are getting along great.

·
Ann
385 Posts
Welcome Sheena. You’re adorable. Bear says hi.

We brought Bear at 8 weeks old last September home. Lincoln was 10 years old. They got along great. Bear learned so much from Lincoln. By far the quickest trained pup we ever had. I’d be curious to hear how it goes at your house.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ha! She looks like she's cheesing for the camera - even more so than the usual golden expression. I'm tempted to bring mine in to the office so she can take over all the paper shredding responsibilities. She'd be in her glory.

Enjoy the puppy phase! It's great that she has an older sister to look up to.

Lincgold - I love your photos of Lincoln and Bear together. They're so sweet.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Love that smile! She doesn't look like she would cause any problems at all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome Sheena. You’re adorable. Bear says hi.

We brought Bear at 8 weeks old last September home. Lincoln was 10 years old. They got along great. Bear learned so much from Lincoln. By far the quickest trained pup we ever had. I’d be curious to hear how it goes at your house.
Same as us. We brought home Tucker (12 weeks) and Ashes is 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When she is outside, she goes on point at moving objects -- classic pointer style. Amber never did that. Sheena will fetch [retrieve] a ball until I am worn out. She gives it up and waits for me to throw it again. I only got two wounds on my arms this week. She still mouths my hands, but she doesn't bite down unless I jerk away. I took her to visit the nursing home and she was a hit with the staff and patients. She did sit and down on command, so I was pleased with her behavior. She wanted to go in every open door, though. I took her to see my 94-year-old aunt, but some of her friends wanted to see her, too. She goes in her crate willingly when I toss a treat in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts