Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new puppy is only three days old, but I guess its never too early to make plans. Obedience is my first love, probably always will be, but because I have a feeling this little one might be capable of doing some field, I would like to at least try some field training with him. I am hoping my dear friend Barb will let me tag along for some of her training, and observe what is involved, but any other advice on what I should start when this wee puppy comes home would be very welcome. I already have plans where I will be taking him for his obedience training, and am so looking forward to starting with a blank slate. Thanks in advance.

Donna

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
The obvious is Jackie's "sound beginnings", and I think you should get Hillman's puppy DVD. I don't know much about it, but maybe Radarsdad will join in here, he used it with his puppy and speaks highly of it. Apparently it's a way of getting them introduced to field concepts in a totally play environment, they don't even know they are learning.

Reactions: gdgli and MarieP

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I second what Barb said, both are very good DVDs.

Reactions: gdgli

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
How very exciting :)

I don't know either of the tapes involved, but have only heard good things about them.

Reactions: gdgli

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Oh, and I just wanted to say...I can't wait to see your puppy and watch it grow on GRF!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts