Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just joined today. I have a golden who we adopted a year ago from our local shelter. She was a stray so we are guessing her to be around 5yrs old. She is a wonderful dog and quickly became part of our family. I've posted some pictures in the gallery under kmb. Amber was doing great up to a week ago. while doing her favorite activity , playing fetch she tore her cruciate ligament. Thursday she had a surgery using the tightrope procedure to fix the knee.:(
She is still in a lot of pain today and does not like that fact that she is in confinement! She looks like she has been through a war zone. I've also started a blog since the tightrope surgery is a new one so others can learn from my experience. She will be on extreme restricted activity for 14 days and then we will start the physical therapy. until then no jumping, running, she has to be in a kennel or small room and outside only on a leash for potty breaks. If interested you can check out the blog for up to date information on Amber. I look forward to doing a lot of reading on the site and getting to know everyone
http://tightropesurgeryamber.blogspot.com

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

I'm so sorry Amber needed surgery. It nice of you to share the information on the new procedure. I sure hope she recovers quickly.

I remember when they shaved my Shadow for his two surgeries, one FHO and one THR, a few months apart. The poor groomer wasn't quite sure what to do when it came time for his haircut!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome!
Amber, good thoughts are on the way!!!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for rescuing this sweetheart and taking such good care of her. I hope her recuperation goes without a hitch and that she's back to her ole self soon.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I hope Amber continues to do well, tell her to hang in there. Darby was on "bedrest" for 4 weeks last fall, it wasn't easy for any of us. ;)

v

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Amber,
Thank you for rescuing her and giving her a furever home. It is interesting treatment and glad you have shared it with us. Hopefully it will be easy to keep her confined during the recovery. She is a very beautiful girl and love her redhead.

·
3 goldens
11,979 Posts
Hello and welcome from the coast of Texas. My golden girl that I lost year to cancer shortof being 9 years old, had knee surgery fr luxaing palla on rgt kne at16monhs,ad he 14 months later on left knee for luxating patella and ACL damage. How well I remember having to keep her so resrained, 4 weeks the first time, 6 weeks the second. She developed horrible razor burn and I smeared her with aloe vera gel several times a day and it worked wonders for her skin. I also massaged herback and legs several times day since she was only allowed out on short leash to do business. Need I tell you how much she loved that!

OUr only dog now is an adopted golden mix, Honey, who wa heart worm positive when we adopted her and we had to put her thru the treatmen. Now 6 years laer she isin perfect health with no ill effects from the worms or treatment.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome from Georgia to you and Amber:wavey:. She is a pretty girl and I hope she recovers quickly and without any problems. She is a lucky girl to have found a wonderful home and family to love!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your poor girl, I hope she heels up quickly and perfectly!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Welcome to you and Amber, hope the healing process goes okay and it is wonderful that Amber now has a very loving and caring home.

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Welcome. Sorry to hear about Amber's injury and hope she make a full and complete recovery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts