Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I rescued Abbey, 6 months ago. She is 5 yrs old and the love of my life. I have had two other Golden's in the past,also a Collie, Shetland. My all time fav breed is the Golden's. My kids are grown and I have some empty nest syndrome..lol Abbey probably is rescuing me. I look forward to coming home and being greeted by her. I have a lady at work who wants to set up a dogie date. This would be my first & probably the same for Abbey. Our community offers so much for people with pets and I love that we can go out an do things together. My son's just love her and I get a lot of compliments. Looking forward to reading all your posts. :wave:

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
Hi, welcome to GRF neighbor :D I agree, it's hard to tell who did the rescuing. I would love to see some pics when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,626 Posts
Welcome to you and Abbey, looking forward to seeing pictures of your girl.

My two Goldens are Rescues also, I have learned how very special they are and how lucky I am to have them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally put up a few pictures of Abbey to view. She may be a princess but not much for photo's. Thank you all for you kind words and welcome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome fellow new member! I also just joined the forum and have already received such wonderful advice from members here. I spent a lot of time reading posts for MONTHS while we were considering the Golden breed. This is the first and only forum that I have ever joined,so not only am I new here, but a newbie to being a member of a forum all together! And what a wonderful experience it has already been in a matter of hours! ImageUploadedByPG Free1359787451.352413.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome What's your new pups name? So adorable? You will love him/her for long time. Since I work full-time and live alone,I didn't opt for a puppy but now I wish I had Abby since then. She is pretty independent and skidish at some things, but over all she is a joy. It might because she is my first female dog. I have always had boys in the past. Welcome again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. Her name is Heidi. She is 11 weeks old and already feels like she has been part of our lives and hearts for YEARS! I cannot imagine loving her anymore than we already do ?

We would have loved to have adopted an older dog (we did consider it) but our vet had suggested a pup so that she could grow up with the kids and we could get the best start possible for bonding with the kids (1,2,6 and 12 year old). Also for our 5 year old shihtzu (who is still not overly impressed with our new family member) lol. Our Chloe (shihtzu) was the only dog and we have yet to inform her that she is indeed a dog (I think she thinks she is a cat) :/ and she is slowly accepting us getting a "dog" in the house :)

Your Abbey is beautiful. Thank you for adopting Abbey as an older dog. I look up to you for doing so. There is as much enjoyment in the mature dogs! They say that they have more experience in loving. Abbey is a lucky girl for being in the right place and right time for you two to have found each other.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Snowdove 102
Glad your here.
We are from michigan also.
My girl is 10 years old and she loves the Michigan snow and cold weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts