Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new as of a few days ago. I'm searching now for my 4th Golden Retriever. We lost Kiddo in March to lymphoma at 6 years old and we miss him every day (really every minute!) So, now we want another male and hope to be posting pictures of him very soon! I'm researching breeders in Florida now, and I've really learned a lot by reading the posts! Thank you!!

·
Me and Daisy Crazy Pants
531 Posts
Welcome. We lost one of our Goldens to liver cancer a year and a half ago and we still miss her so much. We got a new puppy about a month ago and she has been such a joy...that is in between biting, nipping, jumping, and all around trouble making :)

Good luck with your search. I'm sure you'll find a great puppy that fills your heart with love.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Many good breeders in Florida :)

Check out:
Lakewood goldens
Snobird goldens
Sandspur goldens
Lorelei goldens
Goldrox
Saffire goldens

There are some good breeders in Georgia too. Always make sure both parents have all 4 clearances. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so excited! I just made my deposit on a puppy from Topbrass breeders. Cannot wait to get him in August!! It will be so much fun - but so much work training - I'm READY!!

·
Tucker's Human ~ Melissa
817 Posts
Congrats! I bet you are counting the minutes!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Awwww...is the mother going to be "Jazz"?? That is Bear's sister! It'll be our nephew! haha! We adore Bear, he is just wonderful & unbelievable temperment. We do therapy work since he was a "show dog dropout" due to a gay tail.

·
Registered
304 Posts
* or niece if you choose a girl! How does the breeding work from topbrass? I read on their site that Jazz lives in one state, different than topbrass in FL, does she go to FL for the birth/raising? I've only read of breeders who own the females and raise them in their own home....seems like topbrass co-owns tons of dogs all over the states & has puppy raisers. Not knocking it, just never read a site like theirs before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awwww...is the mother going to be "Jazz"?? That is Bear's sister! It'll be our nephew! haha! We adore Bear, he is just wonderful & unbelievable temperment. We do therapy work since he was a "show dog dropout" due to a gay tail.
Yes - mama is Jazz and daddy Copper - beautiful dogs!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We'll drive to Illinois for him - Jazz is in Illinois and Copper lives in either Wisconsin or Michigan - somewhere up north. I just know that their health clearances are done and good and that was very important to us! We asked for a male but would take a female - just want one with a healthy start to life. I know there are no guarantees - and now I'm researching food - may do a version of a raw diet but not quite sure yet. It would be different!

·
3 goldens
11,758 Posts
Well congrats and I know time will drag til you can go get your little guy/gal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts