Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Jane
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Minnesota!
I am excited to be part of this group finally! What a wonderful place to share knowledge and learn from others.

I have had Golden Retrievers for the last 28 years.....started with my first companion Golden, Sam (who looked more like an Irish Setter than a Golden!), moved on to doing basic obedience (because he acted more like a Setter too!), then competitive obedience, and then I tried the breed ring. Seems like I like that the best, but I am getting back into doing obedience, and hope to eventually get back out in to the obedience ring with my little girl Getty. We also have Havanese, which I just adore! Great little dogs that are sooooooo "Golden" in personality.

Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving today!
Jane Docter
DocMar Golden Retrievers & Havanese
DocMar Goldens - Golden Retrievers & Havanese -  Duluth MN
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Welcome Jane!! Have admired your breeding program! And congrats on your kids at the national :)

·
Jane
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the congrats on the kids at the National. All Nationals are fun, but this was a very special year for me. Never ever ever thought I'd have a dog I bred in the winners lineup in Sweeps, much less go BOSS! So it was a dream come true for me!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Thank you for the congrats on the kids at the National. All Nationals are fun, but this was a very special year for me. Never ever ever thought I'd have a dog I bred in the winners lineup in Sweeps, much less go BOSS! So it was a dream come true for me!
She is a gorgeous girl and I am sure it will not be long before the CH comes in front of her name :p: My girl made it to the final 6 in open, so close to a placement! I was so thrilled that she made it that far! Feel free and post pics anytime.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome. SO glad you've joined us. I've drooled over your dogs from afar!!!

·
Jane
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations on Remi making the final cut! There was tough competition there! I just looked her up in k9data, she is very very pretty! Just needs 1 major to finish? I am sure she will pick that up in no time.

Suri picked up 2 points last weekend. She still has a long way to go, but I am sure she will get there. This is her owner Gretchen's, first dog, first National, nice way to start it! I had Getty in for the BISS lineup, and I was so busy watching Gretchen and Suri, I kind of forgot about showing my own dog! It was really fun to see Gretchen and Suri do so well.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ontario, Canada, Jane! Maybe we'll meet up at the next USA Nationals in St. Louis as we're planning on attending.

·
Jane
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Gwen! I am looking forward to next years' National. Purina Farms is a gorgeous place, they did a wonderful job when they remodeled it. Hope to meet you there!

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Hi Jane,

It is wonderful to welcome you to the forum. I also admire your breeding program more than I can say, and I am putting out a request for Hefner photos!

Reactions: golden_eclipse

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Jane... Welcome I am soooo glad to see you on here.

And I wanted to say I am lucky enough to drool over her puppers close up and they are gorgeous in person too!

Michelle and Titan!

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
We met at a dog show once, might have been Louisville (not sure), we were staying at the same hotel. I really enjoyed talking with you, and you have gorgeous dogs!

·
Jane
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum!
We met at a dog show once, might have been Louisville (not sure), we were staying at the same hotel. I really enjoyed talking with you, and you have gorgeous dogs!
It was Louisville! Congratulations on all of Tito's accomplishments! He is one amazing dog. Will you be at the Wheaton/Rosemont shows this year? We are going to the Kankakee shows, then the W/R ones the next weekend. Long road trip to Chicago for us.

·
Jane
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jane... Welcome I am soooo glad to see you on here.

And I wanted to say I am lucky enough to drool over her puppers close up and they are gorgeous in person too!

Michelle and Titan!
Hi Michelle! Glad to see you on this forum too! I can't believe all the different venues one can find on this forum. I am sure I will learn lots! Thanks for the nice compliment on the doggies too!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Thanks!
Yes, we are going to Wheaton/Rosemont, but only showing in obedience (versatility, because I want to show him in VER at National in 2012, figured I'd better see what it looks like ;) ). Hopefully we'll be there around the same time the goldens are in the ring, I'll stop by and say hi!

It was Louisville! Congratulations on all of Tito's accomplishments! He is one amazing dog. Will you be at the Wheaton/Rosemont shows this year? We are going to the Kankakee shows, then the W/R ones the next weekend. Long road trip to Chicago for us.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts