Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I'm a committed animal lover and friend, and have had dogs all my life. They were all Yellow Labs, but I always wanted a Golden. We got our Sophie 5 years ago on January 3rd, and she and I were closely bonded and she followed me everywhere. Unfortunately, we lost her to Lymphoma 2 days after Christmas after receiving the diagnosis 3 weeks prior. She never made it to her 5th Birthday and we had to say goodbye on December 27th. We were devastated, especially me. It's February and I still cry when I'm alone.

So we did what any Golden lover would do, we looked for a new pup. We found her at the kennel we got Sophie from. Different parents this time. We pick her up February 21st. This will help heal our hearts faster than anything else. Based on the advice from the forum about two dogs, I'll wait until Catie is at least a year old before getting another.

Sorry for being so long. Now you know about my history with Goldens. ?

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,412 Posts
Welcome!

Very sorry for your loss of Sophie.
Congrats on your new pup, hope you'll share pictures.

Enjoy the Forum

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your loss of Sophie. A new Golden never replaces the former ones but it does help heal the heart. I'm glad you have Catie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about Sophie. You'll find that many of the members have felt the same loss, at one time or another. So glad to hear about Catie, to help fill the void.

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
Thanks for being here and best of luck with your new girl. They have a way naturally healing the heart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts