Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My 1st Golden came to me in 1992, it was a bitter cold day and the poor thing was wandering around in a parking lot. I took her home and notified the area pounds and police departments hoping to find the owner. A month went by and one of the pounds asked what I was going to do and i blurted out -I'm keeping her!- and the rest is history. She was the most wonderful dog, sadly passing in May 2000 of a neurological disorder at approximately 10 yrs of age, and I miss her every day. A few months after she passed my vet told me of a family looking for a home for their 3 yr old Golden boy. I ended up adopting him and he has been an absolute joy in my life.

He turned 12 1/2 on monday and is still full of life. 2 of his sebaceous cysts (he has about 9 of various sizes) have opened up in the past year oozing the yucky :yuck: mess I'm sure some of you are familiar with. They do not bother him and they are under control. He almost left me 3 months ago while camping due to a rare spontaneous pneumothorax (lung collapse) but luckily we got to the vets in time for a lung tap.

He loves the snow we just had, amazing how he can get through the 20" we just had but I do keep it to a limit or he would walk miles in this stuff. he doesn't know his age :)

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Welcome from another New Englander! We're up in Maine, so not too far away. We also have a Tucker who is about to turn 17 months old. :D

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Welcome!! It sounds like you're golden boy is very special! It's funny how they love the snow so much! It brings out the kid in us all!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

I grew up and lived in Massachusetts until this past year.

Looks like he is having a blast.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Welcome from another former Massachusetts resident (Watertown and Deerfield)!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Welcome from a born,bred and still live in MA. I'm at the junction of Rts 3 & 128, just south of Boston. Where in MA are you?:wavey:

Nancy, Hailey, Mitchell, and Raine

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Welcome to the GRF! :wavey:
I am sure you will fit right in around here.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to you and your golden oldie. Please make yourself at home here and be sure to post lots of pictures.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Tucker,

He is just gorgeous and you are so blessed to have him for so long. My golden Beau that passed in August had those same cysts burst on him all the time. I love the picture of Tucker bounding thru the snow.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
What a beautiful boy your Tucker is! Welcome to the forum, he looks like he is having a GREAT time in the snow. For sure, who would think he was the age he is!! LOL :smooch:

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I feel very fortunate to have another Christmas with my best friend, especially after coming so close to losing him 3 months ago. He just loves to open presents, tearing apart that paper like a little kid :) Every day is a blessing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts