Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just joined today, I stumbled on this site while googling something about a golden retriever NOT retrieving LOL.

We adopted a 6 1/2 yr old male golden retriever from the humane society last sat. Our first furbaby Drako passed away all of a sudden almost 2 weeks ago. We were donating his food to the shelter when the lady mentioned a golden was JUST abandoned that morning!!! Of course I did NOT wanted to see him b/c I just knew we couldnt say no!

We have a 4 1/2 yr old that LOVES dogs and Drako was her BFF she has been devastated and didnt even have a chance to say goodbye to Drake. When she say 'Buddy' she fell in love w him and grapped on to his collar when the lady was going to take him back to his room. She started to CRY and just then we knew he was meant to be. He had a broken heart and so did we.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
again, fate bring units a golden & family!!

looking forward to pics & report on how he's adjusting

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss of Drako. Your boy is watching over you, he knows how much you miss him and he sent your daughter a new best friend. Thank you for adopting.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, Im so happy your family found a new best friend! I would love to see pictures!!!! As for not retrieving I dunno but i bet their is someone here with a few tricks up their sleeves!

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Sorry to hear about Drako, but happy to know that you were able to rescue a golden.. Looking forward to seeing pics..

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,777 Posts
Hi, and welcome to you. So sorry for the loss of your Drako. I'm glad to hear you've opened your heart and home to another golden boy in need. I adopted my boy Remy from my County Humane Society under the similiar circumstances after I had lost my old guy.

I hope your new boy heals your heart and brings you much joy, mine sure has.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So very sorry for the loss of your Drako....and what a true blessing to find your new furbaby!!!! What a special day that turned out to be!!! I moved to Florida almost 8 years ago, it is a challenge with a Golden and the heat (although it has been SO hot all over the country this year that I dont think Florida is much worse), but no snow is a Godsend.

Hugs to your new baby!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tnx everyone 'Buddy' is now Dakota ;) our 4year old daughter Keilah re-named him and he's responding pretty well to it!
We miss Drako dearly but we know he's having fun in heaven and Keilah asks every day when r WE going to heaven to see him again she really misses him.
Dakota is such a sweet guy he's been abandoned twice at the humane society! Not sure why b/c he is sooo calm, sweet and obedient. Unlike our spoiled Drako haha.
It's been a week and a few days since we brought him home and he is slowly adjusting. Over the weekend we played w him in our backyard and he DOES know how to fetch! Not a ball but a stick ;) so we were so happy about that. I think he's been thru a lot and the previous owners didnt give him the love and attention he desires. He will just come up to u and rest his head on u for u to pet him. He sleeps all night long with Keilah and she loves that he's in her room.
I would love to show pics of our beloved Drako and Dakota but I dont know how to upload pics on here?!

·
Administrator
16,472 Posts
Welcome to this board. We do hope you enjoy it here.

[FONT=&quot]The next time you want to add pictures to a post you could try to upload it in a post right from your computer. When you make a post you will see the manage attachments button. Click on that button then find the picture in your computer and try uploading it right into a picture post and see if that works.[/FONT]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lets see if the pic works...

so far Dakota has been feeling more like at 'home' he smiles and wags his tail often! we also have been taking him on car rides and doggie events and he won a doggie fashion show! i will have to upload those pics

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Dakota from another floridian. You can really see the love between him and your daughter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tnx everyone they r best buddies and she LOVES that he sleeps w her in her room!!! I have been missin in action b/c our baby boy was born last month ;) but I did wanted to share another pic from halloween. We entered them in a local costume contest but the judges didnt think Dakota dressed like Joe from blue's clues and my daughter like the dog Blue was original enough! If u have a facebook acct all u have to do is 'like' the pic once. You do have to 'like' Dakota's and Keilah's pic IN the Germain facebook page ;) tnx again we r currently in 2nd place! 1st place is 3 goldens but they already won at the Halloween event so it would b nice for Dakota to win the pic contest.
here is the link and vote away it only takes a few seconds!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=282587765105131&set=a.282587285105179.73352.129575020406407&type=3&theater

1 - 15 of 15 Posts