Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals:). Just joined up tonight! I have a very small trophy grade teacup Maltese that has never been out doors! Say hello to Jack-Bo!

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have a cute pup there.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I am so sorry guys! I thought this was a general dog forum last night! I see now it is a golden retriever forum! My apologies; this is my first online forum and I had a glass of merlot with dinner last night.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for being so understanding! I felt pretty silly when I saw what I had done. I used to own a golden retriever as a child before I upgraded to a Maltese.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I have a very small trophy grade teacup Maltese that has never been out doors!

Cute Maltese...how old is he? I was just wondering what you mean that he's never been outdoors. You mean literally never been outside or that you're raising him to be an indoor dog and he will never live outside? Just curious...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Thank you guys for being so understanding! I felt pretty silly when I saw what I had done. I used to own a golden retriever as a child before I upgraded to a Maltese.

hmm, probably not the right choice of words here... :no::confused:

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cute Maltese...how old is he? I was just wondering what you mean that he's never been outdoors. You mean literally never been outside or that you're raising him to be an indoor dog and he will never live outside? Just curious...
It is a she, and she is four years old. Female Maltese are considerably more exclusive and expensive than their male counterparts.

This particular Maltese female rarely travels outdoors. She has her own dedicated "potty room". The only time I take her out is when I go shopping. I like to have a small, white dog in my arms to show my superiority.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Huh.........? I didn't know having a small white dog makes you superior? Oh, well, I guess now I do.....sheesh!
There are many toy breeds that command that extra status. When average dog owners see me parading around town with my teacup princess their faces turn green with envy. It may be sad to say, but I get my jollies from this type of reaction.

Simply put; a Maltese is a status symbol similar to a Rolex or Mercedes Cabriolet. When people see me with my Maltese they assume I am rich. If I can spend over $1000 on a dog as well as $100's a month on upkeep and grooming I must be wealthy, right?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I just don't see how someone "accidentally" joins a Golden Retriever forum that clearly says it on the top of the page, as well as several Golden Retrievers, talks about how they don't take their dog outside unless its to a mall to feel "superior" and that they've "upgraded" to a Maltese.

Sounds to me like you're just trying to get a rise out of people, but what do I know ...

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just don't see how someone "accidentally" joins a Golden Retriever forum that clearly says it on the top of the page, as well as several Golden Retrievers, talks about how they don't take their dog outside unless its to a mall to feel "superior" and that they've "upgraded" to a Maltese.

Sounds to me like you're just trying to get a rise out of people, but what do I know ...
Honestly after I realized what I had done I didnt plan on writing here anymore other than thanking everyone for being nice. Sadly, I get an email every time someone writes back to me and when I see juvenile name calling going on I am forced to come back to defend myself. My apologies if I have said the wrong thing, but like I said, this is my first online forum so give me a chance.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I guess it just struck me as odd when you said "upgraded" to a Maltese, like a Golden Retriever is a Honda Civic and you just bought a BMW.

You're in the right spot to know, that if being a status symbol is more important to you than having a best friend, that the typical Golden price from a good breeder is well over $1000, and that they typically cost more to feed, more to groom, therefore, cost more to own.

So therefore, I would say that if a Maltese is a Mercedes than a Golden Retriever is a Ferrari.

Anyway, if I'm wrong about you, then I apologize. Do you have any other pictures of your pup?

·
Matt
235 Posts
I used to own a golden retriever as a child before I upgraded to a Maltese.
I like to have a small, white dog in my arms to show my superiority.
There are many toy breeds that command that extra status. When average dog owners see me parading around town with my teacup princess their faces turn green with envy. It may be sad to say, but I get my jollies from this type of reaction.

Simply put; a Maltese is a status symbol similar to a Rolex or Mercedes Cabriolet. When people see me with my Maltese they assume I am rich. If I can spend over $1000 on a dog as well as $100's a month on upkeep and grooming I must be wealthy, right?

Nope, no troll here.

Here ya go

Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

Have a nice day:wavey:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.