Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joey is scheduled to get some xrays done to look at his joints and hips. He is doing so well and more of his personality is coming out. The vet after talking with me twice in the last week, is now thinking he may be younger than the 1 year. We both think he has gotten taller and growing longer. Joey's fur is coming back in on all his bare spots.

He is now running faster like a normal dog and bouncing. Has learned how to get up and down off the bed by the steps. And can run pretty fast up and down the steps to the pool. He is a snuggle bunny at night still. Bama and him have become wrestling buddies and Bama is so gentle with him. Pawley and him still like to wrestle too. Joey has found his voice and is using it when he wants to get his way on something or if wants attention from someone. Two days ago, I caught him chewing on the coffee table. I think now every dog from Beau, Shelby, Bama and Joey have chewed on it. It would be hard to get rid of it with all the memories.

My cat Samantha used to love Beau so much loves little Joey. She will lay there on the floor and lick him and he licks her. I wil try to get a picture of that because it is so sweet.

Here is some new pictures. They arent to good as the yard is in terrible shape.
1. sitting cuddled next to me
2. ripping up the paper
3. Laying with the pups
4. He stole the ball from Bama
5. Bama trying to get the ball back
6. Standing next to Pawley
7. You can see his feathers
8. Him and Pawley

Attachments

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Carol, now that he's healthier, he does look considerably younger than a year. Fingers crossed that his x-rays show no defects in hips or joints!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The biggest thing they are looking for other than issues is to see if his growth plates have closed up.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
He does look like he has grown some! He is just adorable. You are doing such a fabulous job with him. I know he is going to be super tough to let go of.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
What a little cutie! Fingers crossed that everything comes out good with X-Rays.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Joey is standing tall and proud in the last picture! He sure looks a lot happier now!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
He's so adorable and looks wonderfully happy! You and he are doing so great.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Wow - he looks fantastic and very much like a pup to me too.
He also looks a lot taller than before.

It is great to see Joey playing and having a good time. Especially since his early life was so sad.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I thought he looked five months, maybe even four, before. I think six now! And he looks great!!! Who is the beauty with the flowing coat in the background of the 3rd pic?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is Miss Daisy. She is part cow. Loves to graze on grass. Named her right.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
What a doll! Carol, you've worked wonders on him... what a sweetheart.

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Good job Carol! He sure does appear to have some big paws..... going to be a big boy?:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts