Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just joined this forum today. I'm in Guelph, Ontario where I live with my four Goldens, Juniper, Winter, Breeze, and Butch, and one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Chrissy. I am active in hunt tests as a competitor and a CKC judge, as well as conformation and obedience. I breed very occasionally under the prefix Sterre. I also hunt with my Goldens. Thanks for having us!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome!! Happy to have you here. We would love to see pictures of your crew!

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Winter at the 2007 GRCC National--JAM, Best Field Dog

...and out pheasant hunting

Breeze with her summer 2009 ribbon haul

Young Butch--he is a year old tomorrow

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome. Your dogs are beautiful. (I would love to see a pic of Chrissy too)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome! You have very beautiful babies! Be sure to post one of Chrissy too!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
A friendly welcome from an hour away in Brampton :)

I'm glad that you found us here, hope you stick around and continue to share your stories and photos of your highly-accomplished crew! Sounds like you sure are busy with your dogs :D

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF. I hope you enjoy your time spent here as much as I do. Please make yourself at home here and be sure to share some pictures of your crew with us.

·
Kristy
9,936 Posts
Love the photos! I really enjoy hearing from all of you who are actually pursuing hobbies with your dogs. I know goldens live for their people, but I also feel so strongly they need a 'job' and it's so neat to see them using their gifts! My new puppy will be doing more than just his CGC cert. Thanks for motivating me !

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Your goldens are gorgeous. Would love to see pictures of Chrissy too. I love the look of Jam.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Your goldens are gorgeous. Would love to see pictures of Chrissy too. I love the look of Jam.

LOL (sorry, not laughing at you) I think you mean Winter. JAM is an award.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Are you by any chance Dutch? Because the name "Sterre" sounds very Dutch to me!

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, Inge, I am of Dutch heritage. My dad was born in Apeldoorn and immigrated to Canada after WWII. So when I was looking for a prefix I wanted something to reflect that heritage--Sterre comes from the Dutch word for star--seemed like a good choice!

Yes, JAM is an award--it means Judges Award of Merit--and Winter got one at the GRCC National in 2007!

For those who want to see Chrissy, here she is--the littlest, but the boss!

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Well, wellcome again from a "real" Dutchy. I'm pretty 'nervous' at the moment, because tomorrow morning I will get my first ever golden puppy. Reading the forum from top to bottom to pass the time!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Chrissy is beautiful! Is she really the boss? I can't help but smile if she is because I used to have a Rottie/GSD, 3 cats and a wee female Shih Tzu who was also the boss of them all.

Inge, I am so excited for you. You must post pics the minute you can so that we can all enjoy right along with you.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, Chrissy believes she is the boss! She gets first shot at the couch, can eat from any of their food bowls, and regularly steals their toys and stashes them at the back of her little crate!

Congrats on your puppy-to-be Inge! And good to hear from another Nederlander! I was over visiting family a few years ago and took the opportunity to visit some breeders there and go to an International show in Rotterdam. So many beautiful dogs!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread when you posted it.

Very good to see you here! It sounds like the pack is doing great. I assume Butch is a Winter son? Can you share the rest of the breeding? He looks gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts