Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name's Jessica, I am a mom to 6 (including furbaby Goldwin). I have 4 girls, one little boy, ages 9, 7, 5, and my twins, 17 months. So yeah, we've got a busy, busy house!

Goldwin is our Christmas puppy....I know, I know, but a lot of research and thought went into getting little Goldwin. He was born Oct 20th, 2011.

My girls named him, his name means golden friend. LOL When my oldest dd heard that, her mind was made up.

I grew up with a golden, and he was an absolutely wonderful dog. He was the most patient, loving, tolerant, well behaved dog. My parents got him for Christmas for us when I was only 4 or so, and he pretty much grew up with me and was there when my 3 brothers were born as the years went by.

His name was Leon.

I wanted my kids to have the same experience I had growing up. Hopefully Goldwin will always be someone special to my kids, like Leon was and always will be to me.

Anyhow, I hope to be able to post/read here as much as I can. With all my kids, it'll be tough, but so far, this site has had a lot of valuable information!

I will post a pic when I can figure it out!! LOL

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,666 Posts
Hi Jessica,

Welcome to you and Goldwin, looking forward to seeing pictures of him.
Sounds like you have a busy fun filled household.

If you hit the GO ADVANCED button, you will see the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS BUTTON, click on it and you can upload pictures you have saved on your computer. You can PREVIEW your post before submitting it.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Congratulations on your newest addition & greetings from Pittsburgh! Is this one of the Carly x Happy litter? VERY nice!

Can't wait to see little Goldwin's photo!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Welcome to you and Goldwin!!!

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new baby!!

·
Kristy
9,827 Posts
Welcome Jessica!!! Goldwin is just precious! What an expression! I had to laugh, my middle daughter had that 'bouncy seat' when she was a baby... so funny to see Goldwin in it!

You are a wild woman :D, a new puppy and 5 kids! (I feel like I never dig out from under the laundry and I only have 3 kids!) Have you had a chance to sign up for puppy class yet? If you haven't found one, its NEVER too early to get signed up. The good ones tend to fill up quickly and I'm thinking you may have some days where you'll be glad of the support. The search feature on this forum is also excellent if you haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Just about any issue you could imagine has probably been mentioned somewhere here....

Love to see more photos, bet you have some precious ones of him with your littles.... Again, welcome!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I probably shouldn't let him sit in the baby's rocker but they don't really use it anymore. He seems to LOOOOVVEE slingy type seats. He also sat in the baby's old swing. LOL It is a small, portable type and he likes to climb into it if he gets the chance.

I think I officially lost my mind when we got Goldwin. It was pretty crazy here the first few days, but things seem to have settled down CONSIDERABLY. I usually walk him to the bus stop with my girls in the morning and again in the afternoon to get them. It's amazing, he saw the bus go by on the back street and he knew what it was. He saw it pull up our street and he started going crazy cause he knew his human sisters were getting off! He was so excited to see them. He loves my kids already and my kids just love him. I can already see how great of friends they'll be.

·
Mom to Kaia
33 Posts
He is adorable!! You are a busy mom! I have twins too - boys who are 9 and a daughter who is 11 :) They love to play with Kaia - so fun to see them all running around the backyard or the beach - congratulations on Goldwin!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome to the boards. My goodness you do have a busy household. Big Congrats to your family on Goldwin. He sounds adorable.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Goldwin

Jessica and Goldwin

Welcome!! So glad that you, Goldwin, and your kids have one another!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts