Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I am new to the forums. This past weekend i picked up our 2 boys, Marley and Murphy. I already posted the first pic in the training section but here is a second (even though its REALLY blurry) More pics soon!!

Truck ride home

Out in their new backyard.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome. I think I posted on your other thread, but I think your boys are adorable. Have fun on the forum..........there are alot of really nice and knowledgeable people who can help you with any questions that might come up and we LOVE pictures and stories.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. I think I posted on your other thread, but I think your boys are adorable. Have fun on the forum..........there are alot of really nice and knowledgeable people who can help you with any questions that might come up and we LOVE pictures and stories.
Thanks alot! It seems like there are alot of knowledgable people here. I've been reading a few of the forums here and im looking forward to checking in everyday! The pics will keep on rolling along with the stories! These two are a handfull especially when they team up on me. Shaving this morning was quite an experience, the gang leader Murphy decides to chew on the rug underneath my feet while the other rascal, Marley, drug the other rug down the hallway!!! Gotta give em credit for the teamwork though!

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
oh double the babies!!! Good luck... I find one enough work lol!!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Double trouble. They are just so cute and I think are going to be darker goldens. I love how they are tag teaming you. That is just funny. Just jump in with every question you might have, there is sure to be someone that can answer it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Double trouble. They are just so cute and I think are going to be darker goldens. I love how they are tag teaming you. That is just funny. Just jump in with every question you might have, there is sure to be someone that can answer it.
Hahah know! Thanks so much!
Really? You think darker? Murphy, on the right in the first photo is almost pure white!! Marley is quite a bit darker.

Here is a good question. Should i immediately take them to the vets office (well, ASAP) or should i wait a bit. Its been soooo long since ive had a puppy.. Their health records state that they went at 6.5 weeks (so 4.5 weeks ago) The breeder did say that they have been dewormed 3 times all together.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Personally, I always take a new pup to the vet within 48 hours of getting them. That way, you not only get a baseline once over, but your vet can decide what, if any, procedures they need done (worming comes to mind, although you said they've already been dewormed a bunch). I also like my vet to do a good feel of all body parts, extend legs, open mouth wide, etc. just to be sure there are no "hidden" abnormalities. Congratulations on these two cuties....and now the fun begins!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally, I always take a new pup to the vet within 48 hours of getting them. That way, you not only get a baseline once over, but your vet can decide what, if any, procedures they need done (worming comes to mind, although you said they've already been dewormed a bunch). I also like my vet to do a good feel of all body parts, extend legs, open mouth wide, etc. just to be sure there are no "hidden" abnormalities. Congratulations on these two cuties....and now the fun begins!!!!
Thanks for the info. I am going to make an appointment asap!!!
Hahah oh yah, the fun has already began!! Thank god my girl and i have flexibility with our work schedules! It kills me to leave them in their kennel that long while i have to work!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts