Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!
allow me to introduce myself. My name is Becky and we just became golden owners last month. May I just say, :doh:. Our household hasn't been the same since. We unfortunately didn't read up on the breed before we agreed to take her, but "she's really a well-behaved dog"! Needless to say, it wasn't quite the truth, but we're working with her! My partner and I are also proud owners of a 7 year old cocker spaniel and a 4 year old chihuahua who rules the roost!! We have a millions questions and are looking forward to learning all we can!!

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the GRF! I think you will find this site extremely useful. I know we did when we got our first Golden. Becky, how old is your girl and whats her name?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum and golden retriever puppyhood. They can be a challenge but things will get better I promise. We do require pictures here at GRF ;)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yes, things do get better. A puppy is a puppy but a Golden puppy will be your loyal and best companion as she gets older.

This forum is a great place to ask questions and read about what others are offering for advice.

Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot the most important part!! Her name is Ellie (named after a very good friend that recently passed away) and she's actually two years old! Would that still be considered a puppy because she sure acts like it!!

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
Hi and welcome,
Our older Male Golden didn't mature until 3 years old. He is 6 years old now and still is playful.
We also have a 5 month old Male Golden, I wanted to tell you that he has gotten so much better already since we got him at 8 weeks old until I read that your "Puppy" is 2 years old, hehehe!
I guess you are not used to big dogs since you have a Cocker (American?) and Chihuahua. But Goldens learn so fast and she is going to start fitting in no time.
Just give her a month or so. Older Dogs learn fast the routine in your household.
Good luck,

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,734 Posts
Hi Becky, welcome to you and Ellie, I hope you will share pictures of your new girl with us along with your other dogs.

I adopted a young male in March from my County H.S.-he supposedly was two at the time. I am beginning to think he was maybe only One, he is now either 1.5 or 2.5, very full of it with never ending engery, but so much fun.

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
Congratulations, and don't worry, things will get better with a little work and patience. Welcome to the forum and please post lots of pictures!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Sorry to tell you that you don't own a golden retriever, they own you!!!!!;);) Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to get answers. A 2yr old is like a puppy-turning-adult lol...they are full grown, but can act like puppies. I find lots of Golden Retrievers are very fast learners, and with a patient owner, even an old dog can be taught new tricks.

Good luck, and ask lots of questions :) very friendly helpful people here

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi Becky and Ellie welcome to GRF. She is still a pup and she is getting use to a new place new rules and such. This is a wonderful forum and the people are fantastic.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
HI and welcome!! We love pictures here so please post some of your girl as soon as you can! So glad you joined us here!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts