Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
I just brought home my new golden Boomer yesterday, he is my second golden, my first puppy Cooper died at 6 months of age from his intestines being twisted. I am working very hard at not comparing the two as of course like any good parent i only remember the good stuff that Cooper did. I am worried however about Boomer and his shaking, it seems like he never stops and i'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem in a golden puppy and i definitly did not experience it in my first one?
Thanks for your input!!

·
Owned by Emma
727 Posts
Hi and welcome here. So sorry to hear about your loss, it's so sad when they go away so soon.
What do you mean by shaking?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Could you tell us a little more about Boomer? Age, weight, how far he traveled from the breeder to your house, etc. (Caleb had a mountainous 3 hour car ride home and he was pretty stressed by the end of it.) He might just be scared and stressed. Moving to a new home is a big adjustment for a small puppy. Either way, I would run it by his vet to make sure it isn't something serious.

ps. We love to ooh and aw over new puppy pictures. ;)

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Don't worry - comparing your new pup to your old dog is totally understandable. When I first got Flora I compared her to Carmella all the time... which was ridiculous, but it's natural.

Anyways, Flora did a lot of shaking the first week we had her. Granted, at the time it was about -25 degrees outside, but she was also a VERY nervous puppy. She still is, but she has gotten a lot more confident over time. I would continue trying to make your pup feel at home, lots of toys, treats, and of course love and affection! His nerves should subside. Of course I would also check with a vet to make sure he's not in pain or something like that.

Enjoy your pup! :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Shaking is probably because of being a little scared, everything is new and littermates are nowhere to be found! After your vet visit to make sure all is well, give the pup a little time to get adjusted to it's new home! Congratulations on your new addition.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy. Hope you can tell us alittle more about Boomer. How old is he, what kind of shaking, has he been seen by a vet since he was brought home? It might help us to give a better answer. Glad you could join us and hope you will stick around.

I am sorry for your loss. Just look at Boomer as an extension of your love of your first dog and to help you heal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
Thanks for all the quick responses, this place is really great!
I will try to answer all the questions. The shaking is probably more of a trembling and although we do have -30 C weather here right now he isn't outside that much and it happens even when he has been inside for awhile. Boomer is 7 wks and 3 days old, so we have only had him a few days and otherwise he has been great, he was at the vet at 6 weeks but his appointment for a go over isn't until tomorrow with our vet. He didn't have to travel far, only about 20 minutes to get here. I'm sure i'm just being a worrier but with the medical problems so young in my last golden i am determined to catch anything wrong early on. i will keep monitoring his trembling, last night it wasn't as bad so it may be stress and he is calming down. He is eating a ton (he is a really big boy) so he must be feeling alright.
I will try to get pictures posted soon! Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts