Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be picking up our first dog on August 10th. Wanted to join the forum as a reasource for all things golden. Any helpful tips for house breaking, crate training, obedience training, toys, food, etc. etc. please feel free to let us know.

Thank you all!

M&R
Paisley's Parents

·
Administrator
16,473 Posts
Welcome. We hope you can find any and all information you may need to help raise your little pup. Keep us posted on the count down to getting your little pup.

·
Premium Member
16,434 Posts
Congratulations! It is so much fun having a puppy- there is so much wonder in the world through a puppy's eyes.

Right away, I like to work on the puppy learning its name and loving the sound of it- rewards can be many things from toys, to treats, to freedom, to snuggling depending on the pup's personality. I want the pup to predict a really good thing happening whenever he hears his name.

The second thing is housebreaking- Pups to great on a strict rule of only empty pups have supervised hang out time. Mystic has a crate in the bedroom, a crate in the living room, and an expen outside. He is 13 weeks old now, and zero potty accidents. He trots right to the door. Bc he has practiced pottying on the grass so many, many times, he automatically wants to do that.

The third things is on off switch. I want the pup to engage with me and with the world- meet his 100 friendly strangers, go on a daily socialization field trip, play tug, explore the frog pond with a whole heart. Then, I want him to amuse himself and be low maintainence when he is not the focus.

Those are my overarching goals for months one.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,591 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on Paisley, she's an adorable little girl.

There's a Puppy Section here on the forum with lots of very useful information.

Feel free to post any questions you may have.

Enjoy your little girl, she's just darling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts