Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey: Hello, I actually joined about 2 weeks ago and posted in the training section. Then, when I would think about writing my introduction Jude would catch on and try to get at my laptop. We currently have a teacup poodle who is 5 years old.(She is still not sure if she likes him or not, but she tolerates him) And Jude is our first Golden. We decided on a Golden because all we ever hear is great things about this breed.
He is now 11 weeks old. He is so adorable, but a handful. He still trys to chew on everything, but when he does I distract him with a toy and that usually works.
He now does not want to go for a walk. Granted it is very hot here, so we walk at 5am and 8pm, which is not bad. But as soon as he gets to the end of the driveway he stops and sits. He will not move until I give him some slack in his leash he grabs it in his mouth and runs to the front door. He used to love to walk. I hope that I can get him over it because he has an enormous amount of energy.
He will however go to the park(Once I pick him up and carry him there) and then all he wants to do is lay down and eat the grass!!
I can't believe how big he has gotten in these past three weeks. I love him very much. And this site has been a godsend. :eek:

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Hello! My dog Sasha had a big problem with the heat. In summer I would walk her early or late in the day also. She liked winter the best and thought nothing of going out in snow to take a nap all stretched out as if she was on a bed. In the house she had her own cooling fans. She had one in the kitchen and one in the family room.She would also seek out floors that didn't have a rug on them.I also remember that when she was very little she would tire easily on her walks so that I would have to pick her up to carry her the rest of the way. This doesn't last long--pretty soon it will take a 2 hour romp through the woods to tire your pup out:p .I'm not kidding! :wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts