Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here and from San Francisco. I've been wanting a golden retriever for quite a while now, and the right time is coming up. I'm just learning about choosing a breeder, clearances, etc, and there's so much great info here! hope to post more soon!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
We have several members in your area. Dont discount a rescue if you are looking for an adult. There is a great rescue up your way. Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary. http://www.homewardboundgoldens.org/

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,175 Posts
Hi and Welcome,

Yes don't over look checking into a Golden Rescue-many of them get puppies and young adults.

I'm with CFGRR in Wilmington, NC-when we get a puppy into Rescue, we are overwhelmed with applicants and the pups are adopted very fast. Usually after Christmas, especially during the months of Jan.-April, we have people contact us wanting to surrender pups they got at Christmas. There's nothing wrong with the pups, people realize they are more work than what they thought.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from your neighbor 6 hours to the North (in Southern Oregon). Hope you find your Golden soon. When you do, please post pictures!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the links to the rescues. Rescues are my first choice. I hope the wait wouldn't be too long, since I have 4 and 6 year old (human) kids. I've been told by our local shelter that a lot of large adoptable dogs wouldn't be a good fit for small kids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts