Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new and after posting several posts I just noticed the new member thread so I thought I should introduce myself and my girls. I live in Edgewater , Fl. with my wife of 35 years and KD & Karma - our 11 month old sweethearts. I appreciate this site because it's devoted to the breed of dog I love so much and I have learned a lot already so thanks for that.

I'm retired after 32 years as a law enforcement officer. My wife still works but in pain every day. She has worked as a CNA in a nursing home for 40 years. She does it because she wants her patients to be treated with respect and dignity. I am the primary care taker of the girls - I am 60 with my own health issues. Some might say we were crazy to take two puppies from the same litter - in fact that has been said but when we found they were the only two from the litter - the mother died after their birth (she had three litters) and my girls were bottle fed. We did not have the heart to split them up. So now I spend my days exercising them and jumping up every hour or so to let them go outside to do their business. I love my girls very much as most of you can identify with and I want them to outlive me. I look forward to learning more about this breed so I can understand some of their crazy behavior. Thanks all :wave:

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
:wavey:Hi and welcome! Wow you must have your hands full of glorious golden puppies!! :D Enjoy them...and enjoy this forum! Glad you found us!!

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You certainly have your hands full with littermates!!

We love pictures here:)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Big Welcome to the forum. You have really taken on a challenge bringing up two pups at the exact same age. They must keep you very busy at that age but stay strong and you will have a couple of love bugs soon. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the girls.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hi Neighbor! :wavey: Sounds like we have similar situations. You are right on with the exercise. Most of our lives are spent as a " pack ". But I feel one on one time is needed to train and bond. Your life must be so full with all the antics of the pups. Looking forward to getting to know you.. you will learn tons of info here. Welcome!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and your girls,
Bless you for taking both fo those girls. That way they can always be together furever. You are very brave too, but I look at it as twice the trouble twice the fun. Thank your wife for doing everything for her patients, we fought with the nursing home for my grandmother in her last year and it was hard. I cant wait to see pictures of your girls. It must have been so hard for the breeder to lose the mother and gave them comfort for you to take both of them.

·
Grahams Daddy
15 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
I am new myself. I know what you mean about getting up every hour...lol
They are our babies though,makes it worth it to look into those eyes and actually see love.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts