Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, Piper gets to put CCA behind her name! We went to the Northern Flyway GRC test this weekend in Wisconsin. Piper went in needing one pass (she got 2 passes and an Honerable Mention at a CCA in May) and came out with 3 more passes. One judge was the same as the test in May (Marcia Schlehr-she passed us twice!), so 4 out of 5 CCA judges agree that Piper meets the standard. So Piper is now officially Topbrass Pipe Dream RA JH NAP NJP WC CCA. Shouldn't be too long before we can add VC to that list.

Since the test was over 6 hours from my house and only about 1.5 hours from my best friend from vet school's house, I took advantage of the friendship and crashed at her house Friday and Saturday night. That was quite the adventure. She has 4 dogs (a mix, two labs-one of which is an intact male, and a terrier) and I brought Piper and Ruby. I had hoped the male would have grown up a bit since I saw him last (he's 3 now) but he was as rude as last time. Poor Piper was the object of his obsession this time (Ruby got it two years ago). He would not leave her alone! Trying to hump her and licking her bum any chance he got. I tried to stay between her and him, but he was so insistant. It's sad but I'm glad I won't be able to visit any time soon and I'm glad that I'll have a great excuse for her to stay in a hotel if she comes down to my neck of the woods any time after April! I was very proud of my girls though, *they* were VERY well behaved.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Congratulations :)

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Congrats Sarah.. Way to go Piper!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Congrats to Team Piper!!

·
Kate
21,663 Posts
Congrats<:

And you answered an unasked question I had about what happens if you don't get all the points you need at one CCA test. :)

Too bad about your friend's dog. It was probably a stress/anxiety response about having a strange dog on his turf. Meaning it might not be something your friend could train other than handling the situation better (baby gates and leashes).

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
hey what great news!!! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
That's terrific!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
Em what is the CCA stand for? Sorry for asking I'm not familiar with Hunt Test titles. At least I think it has something to do with that.:bowl:

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yeah for good looking performance dogs!

CCA is a Certificate of Conformation (I dont understand how they got CCA out of that, but hey), it is a noncompetitive assessment against the breed standard where you need three passing scores from three different assessors who are in the most part AKC breed judges.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Congrats Miss Piper!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts