Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you'd like to add another category on the main page, leave your suggestions in this topic.
Admin

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give me an example of how I would name such category and main forums underneath, along with descriptions?
That way I could add them right away.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Admin said:
Can you give me an example of how I would name such category and main forums underneath, along with descriptions?
That way I could add them right away.

Sure. An example from another board I visit has a section called the Human Side.

In it are forums called:

Introductions: Where new members introduce themselves
Chit Chat: People will post daily good mornings, just say hi, post about trips they are planning or shows they want to see.
Other Pets: Where you post pics or talk about your cat or non Golden dogs or what ever critter you keep

Having a Chit Chat section is a good way to get to know other members since we don't always have stuff to say about our dogs it helps keep traffic coming to the site.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, all done. Now right at the top of our discussion forum you will see these two new categories.
Maybe you should post something in, just so it doesn't look soooo empty :)
Thanks for your suggestions, it's is very appreciated you're trying to help us out.
Maybe you should consider being a moderator of this forum once it gets going.
I would gladly assign you such privileges.
Admin

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People are finding it to be friendly place to come and chat about their Goldens.
There maybe other sites, but I am willing to work with our users to make it the best site there is for golden retriever owners.

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coopersmum said:
What about a little space with picture of the week or month. Viewers can rate the pictures and the best one of the week goes on, to encourage everyone to go out snapping their goldens!
I wonder how I would do that. There is a way to create a poll in the thread.
So you could start a new thread "picture of the week" with the poll and as users will add new pictures to this thread, you will add their pictures to the poll. This is the only way I can think of.

Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts