Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Newbie here, from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Golden's have been a big part of my life, from a little girl being on the farm where they also bred registered Golden's in Ontario, to now as an adult, also on a farm (we breed registered Hanoverian horses for the sport of Dressage). We had a beautiful, love of my life, Golden girl named Abby for 9.5 years, and unfortunately had to put her down in November due to bone cancer. She was a true gem.

We live in a very rural area, on a 50 acre farm. I'm a stay at home Massage Therapist and we also breed and raise horses. Abby was a big part of the socialization with the newborn foals. She'd try to beat us out to the barn to give the newborn lots of kisses. She also loved and cared for my 4 year old son like he was her own.

We are currently looking for a female pup from parents with their clearances and ideally registered. I'd like to get into showing as my son is interested in the junior handling program, and perhaps agility too. Breeding has been in our mind as well, if we could find a mentor and pup suitable for passing on her good genetics. Any recommendations for someone, ideally in Canada, that would be willing to mentor a future small breeder focusing on quality not quantity and getting into the show scene as well.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,692 Posts
Welcome!

I am sorry for your loss of Abby, she was beautiful, I can tell she was a very special girl.

I moved your thread into the Choosing a GR Breeder and puppy section where you will get more views and more replies.

Hope you enjoy it here, best of luck with your search for a pup.

·
the party's crashing us
4,283 Posts
Cori Heer in Windsor, ON. Cheer Goldens. She's on FB. Best of luck.

Reactions: canucksgal29

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
You could try contacting Frank MacArthur of Quyen Goldens. He is on FB and lives in Nova Scotia. There are a number of good breeders in Ontario you might want to contact as well. Also try Jackson Goldens in NB but I believe their waiting lists are quite extensive.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Abby. She sounded wonderful. Good luck in your search.

·
Super Moderator
4,142 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Abby. Sounds like she was such an integral part of your family. Good luck with your search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts