Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Chance. We're going to keep him. He's a 5yo Male and just a big old gentle giant. He and Angie get along well.

THere's a photo of him and then Angie on her 1 year BDay

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Chance is just gorgeous! :) Congratulations, and so happy to hear that it sounds like Angie and him will be very best of buddies!:smooch:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Chance is a beautiful boy!
He looks like a gentle guy.
Is he a rescue?
Karen

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
He just looks so sweet, it makes me want to cuddle with him!

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chance is a beautiful boy!
He looks like a gentle guy.
Is he a rescue?
Karen
Yeah in a way. The original owners are moving out of their home and the only job they could get was as apartment managers in a building that only allows small dogs. They are pretty badly broken up about it but it was that or the very real possibility of ending up homeless. Last night when we got him was pretty rough for them.

My initial thought was that we'd post up here and get him re-homed but then we decided to take him in. I still posted in the rescue section as we haven't got approval from our landlords yet but they're really nice people and really loved our old dog Katie and love Angie as well so I don't think it'll be an issue.

He is soooo gentle and sweet. Really your prototypical gentle giant golden retriever. We need to get about 15 pounds off of him though. He's currently 90+ and I'd like to get him down in the 75 pound range.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Congratulations!! He is one lucky dog!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Really such a beautiful boy. I'm so glad you could take him in. I feel so bad for the family needing to give him up, must have been so difficult. He doesn't look overweight to me? Maybe its the picture?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is just gorgeous and I am glad that you are keeping him. At least his old family will be able to rest easy knowing Chance will be in a wonderful home.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
He's gorgeous!! Congrats on the new addition!

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well. we met them and got the rest of his stuff yesterday. Once we got back home I put a new collar on him when his new ID tag. Honest to God, I walked into the kitchen he came up and sat right in front of me and the second I put it on he changed. Where he'd been kinda depressed and mopey, he started smiling, then a little later he and Angie started playing a lot more (they got along from the get go but he was too distraught to play any).

The PO said that he kept them up at night pacing around and didn't really sleep solid. Last night he and Angie both spent the night sleeping on the bed together (like a couple of rag dolls, neither moved all night) and if you didn't know you swear he's been ours since birth.

It was like once we got his bed and toys over here and put on a new collar he was like "OK, this is home now, and ****, I like these people and this other dog".

Anyway, we're off to the beach in a little while then back home to alter the sig photos.....

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
"OK, this is home now, and ****, I like these people and this other dog".

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sounds like chance has found his second chance and really, really likes his new life.
sounds like a match made in heaven.:p:

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"OK, this is home now, and ****, I like these people and this other dog".

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sounds like chance has found his second chance and really, really likes his new life.
sounds like a match made in heaven.:p:
Thanks and yep it is, I'm watching the big lug sleep like a baby after running on the beach with Angie for about an hour. Vicky and I were talking about how nice it is when you make one of "those" life altering decisions and boom, get immediate feedback that it was the right one.

We'll post up a lot of (what I'm sure will be) the upcoming goofiness. :)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Chance

Chance is just absolutely gorgeous-I am so happy for Chance and your family.

Should you ever not be able to keep him please be sure to contact the California Golden Ret. Rescues-pretty sure they would take him if they had room.

www.grca-nrc.org

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chance is just absolutely gorgeous-I am so happy for Chance and your family.

Should you ever not be able to keep him please be sure to contact the California Golden Ret. Rescues-pretty sure they would take him if they had room.

www.grca-nrc.org
Thank you and thanks for the link. We couldn't let him go now no matter what. He's just too sweet and loving and already so ingrained into our lives. Reminds us so much of Katie.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts