Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if there was a double post by accident (I posted this but i seen that i was offline)
Hello everyone, I'm Rafael Higino. I'm asking for serious help because of my dog Pinky, had his genitals cut off by a vet whose I visited. The problem is: I didn't want the vet to cut off his genitals. I contacted police but got no replies still. Also, I think the vet did got out of the town I'm living cause I attempted to call his phone number but got no replies. I'm wanting the genitals of my dog back to put it back to his body.

I visited Western Illinois Veterinary Clinic in December 2019 for a minor surgery on his paw. Everything was OK, until I noticed while going home that my dog had no genitals on it! I immediately contacted police about it, and they said they will "look further it when more details are passed to our department" altough I told them the basic details of my case. I tried to contact the vet himself (who goes by the name of Miguel) but got no reply from him. Altough I got no reply from him, I seen that his address is now in Arkansas. I'm seeking help here in this forum by anyone who may have a time to help me in finding more information on the vet.

Photo of my dog Pinky

·
Registered
601 Posts
If this is for real (sounds a bit sketchy), you might start by contacting the veterinary licensing authority in your locale, to find this "doctor". (assuming he is even licensed!) They might have information on how to find him.
I have a hard time understanding anything like this being done by a sane doctor; unless there is MUCH more to the story.

·
Registered
247 Posts
On dr.jeff the tv show he regularly castrates animals that come in for different things. Especially if he gives them a discount for fixing the animal. I hope you didn’t accidentally sign something that gave them permission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see you're located in another country but you mentioned you visited a Vet Clinic in W IL, you can contact the clinic for more info.

Usually something like this is reported to the State's Veterinary Board, here is a list by State-

Hey, yes in my profile it shows that I'm from Brazil, but I emigrated to the United States in 2018. I think the Brazil flag should be keep as informal to my original location.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If this is for real (sounds a bit sketchy), you might start by contacting the veterinary licensing authority in your locale, to find this "doctor". (assuming he is even licensed!) They might have information on how to find him.
I have a hard time understanding anything like this being done by a sane doctor; unless there is MUCH more to the story.
Thanks, I will try this.

·
Registered
601 Posts
On dr.jeff the tv show he regularly castrates animals that come in for different things. Especially if he gives them a discount for fixing the animal. I hope you didn’t accidentally sign something that gave them permission.
I had no idea that that stuff went on. I always read ANYTHING in full before putting my signature on it.
But on a side note..The "Dr. Jeff" TV show got me a bit nervous!

Snap1.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see you're located in another country but you mentioned you visited a Vet Clinic in W IL, you can contact the clinic for more info.

Usually something like this is reported to the State's Veterinary Board, here is a list by State-

I just contacted the Arkansas Veterinary Medical Examining Board about the incident. I attempted to access the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation website but was not able to. The main reason I contacted the Arkansas Veterinary Medical Examining Board was because Miguel is there. Thank you for the tip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a reply from the AR Vet Board Contact in my email. The message they sent to me was:
"
Hello Rafael,

I do not have a veterinarian licensed in Arkansas by the name of Miguel (redacted to preserve the full name of the vet). If this person is a licensed veterinarian in the state of Illinois, and the incident also occurred in Illinois, then you need to contact the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation at 217-785-0800 and ask them how to file a complaint against a veterinarian. Or visit their website: State of Illinois | Department of Financial & Professional Regulation

Hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Cara"
Seems like that Miguel may not be in Arkansas anymore, also a problem is occurring with me: The idfpr site does not open. It shows a common message error in my Google page. It is the main site I'm trying to contact to report the incident. If anyone have the idfpr email, please I would appreciate that someone can send their email in a private message here in this forum. Greetings.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Did you try talking to the owner of Western Illinois Veterinary Clinic to see what they said about it? From the website they look like a legitimate veterinary business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you try talking to the owner of Western Illinois Veterinary Clinic to see what they said about it? From the website they look like a legitimate veterinary business.
I still did not try it. I will attempt to contact them. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts