Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of info for pet restraints for my new Chevy trailblazer. I'd prefer Scarlett be belted in either in the passenger seat or in the second row. having her ride all the way in the back I think would make her lonesome and a bit nervous. So what I need from you guys are products that youve used to make take your goldie mobile so to speak.

-B!

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I have an SUV and my two ride in the far back. They love sitting facing backwards and watching the cars go by. I bought a safety grate that props up against the ceiling and the floor behind the backseat and tightens with wing nuts. It keeps them from crawling around the car and interfering with my driving (before I got it, Fergus would work his way up front and stand with his front paws on the center console :doh: for a better view and easy access to giving me kisses. SOOOOO dangerous!)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normally she rides VERY well I jsut dont want her sliding around. I just got my truck today, so we brought it home and I imediately took her for ride and she politely laid down on the passengers seat and only stood up once. I also need something that can kinda grow with her. Shes only 6 months old. Thanks guys.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
We have the Champion Canine Seat Belt System for Cody. It is a harness with a connector that can fit on your seatbelt system of on the tie backs in the "way back". We used it first on a drive to Nashville and it worked well. It fits in any car and is recommended by Toyota. http://www.champk-9.com/CCSS.htm This explains it pretty well, and if I remember right, we ordered it here too. You can see that you can adjust the amount of freedom they have ( we bought the extra "heavy duty adapter, but I'm not sure you need to). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow is there anyhting you don't know? **snickers** Thank you Ms. Betty. Can I ask how big your girls are I was in awe of mylissk's Lilah!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Wow is there anyhting you don't know? **snickers** Thank you Ms. Betty. Can I ask how big your girls are I was in awe of mylissk's Lilah!

My girls are a little bigger than breed standard. Maggie weighs 65-66 lbs and is probably 1-1 1/2 inches taller than Penny. Penny has much more bone and weighs about73-74. I would really like to get her down to about 70. I was surprised though when we went to the Dallas show in July ( there's one in Jan too) how much smaller the show dogs were.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I have a harness for Bama. Since I have a convertable I want to make sure he is safe. He loves to lay his head on the side and let the air flow in his face. I would worry he would jump out of the car if the top was down.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
We also use the harness seatbelt system. Tinkerbell at 7 months made the trip from MI to NC and back in the backseat of a Grand Am with it. And then a month later made the trip again in a minivan using the system. We use a carbiner clip to hook it to the seatbelt or to 1 of the metal loops in the van.

Tinkerbell is 2 now and she she still wears the harness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts