Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason we are having a hard time coming up with a call name for a female puppy. Coming up with Denver’s name was so much easier because we had visited Denver, CO and I’m also a John Denver fan and as soon as we thought “that’d be a nice dog’s name” it just stuck!

Now trying to come up with a female name has been harder. I want to have a semi-unique name that not a lot of other dogs have. It would be awesome if it tied into an east coast or northeast location and sounded good with Denver, but any suggestions that are not super common are welcome!

The litter will have a theme to incorporate into her registered name, but we don’t have a theme to go with just yet.

On our list so far:
Vail
Copley
Raleigh
Chatham
Geneva/ “Genny”
Wynn
Addie (We live in Addison County)

·
Registered
295 Posts
For some reason we are having a hard time coming up with a call name for a female puppy. Coming up with Denver’s name was so much easier because we had visited Denver, CO and I’m also a John Denver fan and as soon as we thought “that’d be a nice dog’s name” it just stuck!
Just some thoughts....
Danbury / "Dani"
Kitty Hawk / "Kitty" (I find a oxymoronic pleasure in this one, "here kitty!" 😁 )
Chesapeake / "Chessie"
New London / "London"
Quincy (Pronounced "Quinzee")
Danvers
Bristol

Would not go with...
Asbestos (Canada)

·
Super Moderator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just some thoughts....
Danbury / "Dani"
Kitty Hawk / "Kitty" (I find a oxymoronic pleasure in this one, "here kitty!" 😁 )
Chesapeake / "Chessie"
New London / "London"
Quincy (Pronounced "Quinzee")
Danvers
Bristol

Would not go with...
Asbestos (Canada)
I am laughing at Kitty and Asbestos 😂. I do also like Bristol and I hadn’t thought of Quincy before. We lived in Boston for a bit so that kind of ties into that area as well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am laughing at Kitty and Asbestos 😂. I do also like Bristol and I hadn’t thought of Quincy before. We lived in Boston for a bit so that kind of ties into that area as well.
One of my sons went to school in Quincy. Otherwise, I'd never have heard of it. 😁

·
Super Moderator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Virgina/Ginny is so cute, however we have a sweet old neighbor named Ginny so things may get confusing there 😂

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the idea of basing names on mountains, bodies of water, and other natural things. Things like
-Appalachian (Polly, Shany, etc)
-Penobscot (Penny)
-Champlain (Lainey)
-Taconic (Coni, Nicki... Taco😂🌮)
-Acadia (Cady)

I am honestly the worst at coming up with names, so I will not take it personally if you think these are all terrible😂

·
Super Moderator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
LOL.... well, I named one of my dogs Jacks/Jackie when I have a close cousin named Jackie, so.....
I went to school in Western NY in Geneva, so I really like “Genny” too...kind of sounds like Ginny. Then could tie her reg name into Geneva or Seneca Lake. Jack has always been on my list of male names too. Such a nice name.

·
Super Moderator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the idea of basing names on mountains, bodies of water, and other natural things. Things like
-Appalachian (Polly, Shany, etc)
-Penobscot (Penny)
-Champlain (Lainey)
-Taconic (Coni, Nicki... Taco😂🌮)
-Acadia (Cady)

I am honestly the worst at coming up with names, so I will not take it personally if you think these are all terrible😂
I actually think Polly is super cute! I’m going to add it to the list.

·
Super Moderator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So my partner likes Vegas and Phoenix, but to me those sound masculine...plus I think I have come across several Goldens with those names and for some reason I want to find something a bit more creative.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I love the suggestion Chessie. Somehow I call both of my girls Chessie and Chess Jr lol 100% after the Chesapeake! Lol

Savannah
Myrtle
Roanoke
Haven (new haven)
Liz (Elizabeth)
Adele (Philadelphia)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts