Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and am getting a baby girl golden retriever puppy on Friday December 13. I hope it's not bad luck! I've narrowed the call names down to
Ellie
Story
Riley
Lacy
Rosie
Skyye

I'm leaning towards either Ellie or Story because my boyfriend thinks Riley is too much of a boy's name. If we chose Story, the AKC name would be something like Story's Happily Ever After but I have no idea what it would be for Ellie. I really really love the name Ellie but I want a cute, creative call name to go with it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! The breeder is not requiring the kennel name be in the name so I'd rather not. I just want a creative registered name for her. One of our earlier name options that we eliminated was Cora and her AKC registered name would have been Coral Me Pink. Something along those lines :)

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ellie

Here is some help on your name. These registered names can be really crazy but i used part of my dog's call name in his AKC Registered Name.

EX: Bentley -call name
EX: Sir Bentley-Duke of Lakemont

he lives on Lakemont Dr. Since you have a German last name, you might use a German translation.:wave:

How to Choose an AKC Name for Dogs: 8 Steps - wikiHow

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We decided to do something with Ellie in a word like Ellie-gant Golden Beauty or Dazzle me Spark-Ellie or Spark-Ellie Golden Girl or Spark-Ellie Golden Beauty.

·
Premium Member
18,415 Posts
This is just my personal opinion, but I always think putting "Golden" in a Golden Retriever's name is redundant and it's been done so many times.

I like your idea of Ellie-gant, very original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts