Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 1/2 month old Lucy is chewing every bush in sight. It looks like a small deer has feasted on a privet hedge. :doh:

I use Bitter Apple inside but what would work outside? I guess Bitter Apple woudn't harm the plants but it wouldn't go very far.

She's at the age (I hope it's "the age"!!! :() that she thinks it's a fun game for me to try to stop her and her to prune faster and run from me...the madder I get, the faster the pruning and the running. :bowl:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I hate to say it but we put everything we could behind chicken wire for a long while. I hated it as I love to garden, but Sienna would always try to play and break off a branch here and there. Now that she will be 5 in February she only usually tries to go after the raspberries or grabs a stalk to run away from me with.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Gave up having a garden years ago. Between the digging and the pruning....

Reactions: silental

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
I think it's a Lucy thing. Mine did it, too, when she was younger!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
She did stop eventually. That was after she gnawed off a good sized branch and tried to drag it in through the doggy door. She had it about halfway in before I stopped laughing and took it away from her. LOL

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
LOL! Lola has pruned just about every bush in our yard. Our lawn looks like a war zone! Holes, logs, sticks and rocks. The back yard is now Lola's territory. They do out grow this...... eventually!:bowl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts