Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family can't decide on a name for our new male puppy. We like Logan and Tucker. We just can't decide. What do you think?
Thanks,:wavey:
Pam

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Both are nice names.......I like Logan (no offense to all those who have Tuckers)!!!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
I like both names....but maybe we need to see a picture of him so we can see what name fits best. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a Tucker and love the name. But we have friends who have a son named Logan so we couldn't go there. Both names are great! We were thinking Conrad for our puppy at first but we tried it for a few hours and it just didn't fit him. Tucker fits him well! Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
seems like we often add an affectionate "ie" to our dogs names. If you are prone to doing this think - Logie? Tuckie?

today i was thinking of the phrase "goldens are like potato chips" and what brand of chip of make a good name (this would work best for 2nd golden, thu) - this is the type of stuff that runs thru my mind when we walk.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We have a Tucker, so, of course, I like that name. :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I like Tucker but love Logan. I do as suggested above and try both names out on him for a few hours and see which fits best.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
seems like we often add an affectionate "ie" to our dogs names. If you are prone to doing this think - Logie? Tuckie?
Along this line, I often tend to call my dogs by their name and a rhyming name. I.E. Ruby-Dooby. Unfortunately for Piper, the first thing that rolls off my tongue is Piper-Diaper, so I don't use that much. Gotta be careful with Tucker!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Along this line, I often tend to call my dogs by their name and a rhyming name. I.E. Ruby-Dooby. Unfortunately for Piper, the first thing that rolls off my tongue is Piper-Diaper, so I don't use that much. Gotta be careful with Tucker!!!
LOL Yes I have to watch or they are calling mine Pooper Kuper. I tell them , no it is Super Kuper because he likes to take flying leaps. I do find myself calling Kadence, Kader- Tater.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I love both names, but agree what's the "nickname" gonna be? I think we all do it.

Whatever his name, he's going to be a joy!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
love that Tucker! but one of the Tucker moms here mentioned yelling "Tuck! Sit!" might have gotten her neighbors attention.

the movie Marley got his name due to a song/singer --- do you have any favorites?

my friend & her business partner are big Beatles/Elton John fans -- all their alpacas are named from their songs ---- they can have a huge herd!

·
Registered
302 Posts

today i was thinking of the phrase "goldens are like potato chips" and what brand of chip of make a good name (this would work best for 2nd golden, thu) - this is the type of stuff that runs thru my mind when we walk.
Just today, we talked about changing Hunter's name to Frito. LOL.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
LOL Yes I have to watch or they are calling mine Pooper Kuper. I tell them , no it is Super Kuper because he likes to take flying leaps. I do find myself calling Kadence, Kader- Tater.
When I got Conner I really wanted to call him Cooper but my then fiance didn't like it because he thought of Cooper-Pooper. I should have used it anyway since he was out of the picture 9 months later.

My first trainer always called Annabel Smelly-Belly or Annasmell.

I usually use Flip-Flop for Flip

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like both names but Logan is more unique for a dog. I think you have to try both and see what feels right. When I got my puppy, I had a list of names and could not decide so I just called them all out and he seemed to respond to Harvey the best so I kind of just let him pick his own name :) Everyone who meets him in person says he looks like a Harvey too.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
we had a hard time with naming Scout.
I wanted Winston or Finley but the names did not fit the face. I called him puppy for two weeks.

A friend gave us the suggestion of Scout after we described his personality and saw his face.

I like Logan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts