Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with this?? I started my search for the new addition today and the rescue on LI only has 5 dogs - which is GREAT that they ONLY have that - not a bad thing....

but 4 of them come in pairs!! 2 and 2 (I tried to convince Rog, there was no way)

and the other one is a little too old, I don't think I can handle that right now -

Floyd needs someone - he has been bummed, although he had so much fun in playing catch today - great pic below of Floyd - he would never stop playing catch, ever - he could be like dying of thirst, he just won't quit....crazy boy....

(we were supposed to be doing Fall cleanup - didnt get very far)

anyway, any help with Breeders on Long Island - maybe CT, if it's near Bridgeport area???

Attachments

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
This guy is in Elmira, NY, not sure if that's near you or not, but they are taking appl on him :)

Banjo is a very handsome, 1 year old, Golden Retriever that was surrendered to the shelter by his loving family. He is a family oriented dog that is used to living with children and other dogs. His buddy Paco, a chow mix, was also surrendered to the shelter and is also avaialble for adoption. Banjo is housetrained and knows how to live within a home environment. For example, he knows that couches are for sleeping on. Banjo is youthful and energetic and will do well in an active home. He loves to play with tennis balls and squeaky toys. Golden Retrievers have a great reputation as desirable family dogs for anyone who likes larger breeds and has a working vaccuum (Golden Retrievers are shedders). We are taking applications for Buddy now and we don't expect him to be here very long. Such a nice dog!

Attachments

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would LOVE Banjo - he is perfect - im laughing hysterically about the couch comment!!! Floyd is like 5 foot span or more when he stretches out, which he does, every night - IN MY BED!!!!

We wake up with stiff necks all the time to accomodate the lil turd....

Elmira is REALLY far upstate - Im having a little bit of problems when they do home visits with the applications - nobody can come this far - a lot of the rescues have radius limitations :(

I will give them a ring tomorrow though and see if it's possible -

Im kinda getting 'the feeling' about Banjo - hmmmmmmmm

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then again, I looked at some pups today too - and ofcourse, they are all adorable -

didn't get 'the feeling' - plus it wasn't a breeder, it ended up being like a puppy store and I don't know why, I just don't get a good feeling in those places.....

hmmmmm

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Some of the rescues ask closer shelter people to cover home visits :)

and we (GRF) LOVE helping out with transports too :)

Almost no matter where you find your next Golden Love, we can always try to get him/her to you :)

I have one from WV, Brinkley'smom and I drove down to meet them in PA area, and I have 2 from FL that several people on here helped to transport up North. I'm in MA. Some of the GRF transports went to Maine, Canada, and to CA :) I'm sure NY wouldn't be a problem :)

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY now - hmmmmmmmmmm

so I should just be looking right here!!!!! or at any relatively close Golden Rescue -

thank you - I had NO idea about any of that........

that would be just wonderful -

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called the Rescue in Kentucky - someone had it posted about the puppies, her name was Diane - and she said they only let you adopt within a 90 mile radius though....they were all in foster now but she was wishing she could let me have one but said no......

maybe not all of them work like that??

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now that I know I'll just make some calls - thank you so much

this helps alot

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
puppy mills??? I dont like the sound of that - I dont think I want to even know what that is - I didnt see a listing attached to your post?? was it a link?? hmmm

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
omg, I just looked up puppy mills and saw this video from the humane society - I think Im gonna be sick -

I wish I had the energy for a crusade......

omg, those ********!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts