21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 3 couples in my family:
My son and his girlfriend, who live in Florida
My daughter and her husband
My step-daughter and her husband
plus
My husband

Every year I buy everyone a "themed" gift, sort of unisex where everyone gets more or less the same thing. For example, one year I did silly socks. Another year I did boxer shorts, another year lounge pants, and another T-shirts. One year I did fast food gift cards.

I am at a total loss this year as to what to do that I haven't already done. Anyone have any ideas??? I don't want to spend a lot, maybe $25-40 per couple. (Can't do gloves because one set lives in Florida!)

HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Do all these couples like to go to the beach? If so how about sun screen and visors or flipflops. You could also do bathstuff. Shaving cremes,body soaps, fizzy balls for the ladies. Or a book gift card and each couple a box of hot cocoa. Even my sister that lives in fl love a cup of hot cocoa once in awhile.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I kinda like the Amazon Gift Card--that way they can pick what they want and be happy. My sister and I (and our spouses) have a pretty cool arrangement--we give each other the same amount of cash, but we put it in something unusual such as a goofy coffee mug, a funny scarf or hat. One year we put my BIL's in a mini Prius toy car we got for cheap--he drives a Prius and we stuck the cash between the windows. We give the same amount and the deal is we go out after the holidays and buy ourselves something with that money, then email everyone with a photo of it.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Dylan's Candy Bar has some amazing gifts.

Reactions: hotel4dogs

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
One year, my grandma (not the evil Woo Woo) gave each of us flavored nuts...it sounds kinda lame, but, cinnamon almonds are SOO good when you just want to grab a handful of somewhat healthy snack and watch tv or study.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
movies..... I love getting movie gift cards... movies are so darned expensive that its my absolute favorite thing to get

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
How about photo calendars? You can do them at Costco, Shutterfly, Staples. I did them one year for our family with everyone's baby pictures. And if you go the Costco route they're between $10 and $20, bonus points because you "made" them and they're personalized :)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the photo calendars I get from our son's family. Good idea!

How about photo calendars? You can do them at Costco, Shutterfly, Staples. I did them one year for our family with everyone's baby pictures. And if you go the Costco route they're between $10 and $20, bonus points because you "made" them and they're personalized :)

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
In my family we always get slippers or PJs. I think this is a leftover from really hard times, but it is still fun to have new ones for Christmas morning. When I was a kid we always got oranges in our stockings even though we lived in San Diego and could go outside and pick them, because when my folks were kids in Minnesota, oranges were a very special treat during the depression.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the GREAT ideas!!!!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
food is always good....they're all living on a budget! (well except DH, who thinks money grows on trees ;) )

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I kinda like the Amazon Gift Card--that way they can pick what they want and be happy. My sister and I (and our spouses) have a pretty cool arrangement--we give each other the same amount of cash, but we put it in something unusual such as a goofy coffee mug, a funny scarf or hat. One year we put my BIL's in a mini Prius toy car we got for cheap--he drives a Prius and we stuck the cash between the windows. We give the same amount and the deal is we go out after the holidays and buy ourselves something with that money, then email everyone with a photo of it.
This is my every-occasion gift card of choice. There is something for everyone on Amazon.

Reactions: hotel4dogs
1 - 20 of 24 Posts