Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the passed 6 months our westie (4 years old) has been going to the washroom in the house. I don't live there but my mom vents to me to see if I have any suggestions which I am all out of.
So Abby's schedule starts off with 6:45 walk around the block which she pees a million times and poos. She walks in, gets her breakfast, and my mom leaves. My dad and sister are at the house till 7:30-8 and Abby gets let out before they leave and then locked up in the kitchen (big kitchen). Ok, so between 7-7:30 she will either go upstairs to my sisters bathroom and pee in there or the landing rug and pee on that or go downstairs and pee. This happens at least 4 times a week. I arrive at 8-8:30 and let her out with my dogs and she pees. I leave for my appointments when appropriate and she stays in the kitchen.. sometimes I forget to put the gate up and she roams around the house. This past week she has pooed downstairs everyday.
If she is in the kitchen she is generally ok (there has been a lot of pee by the back door). She was properly house trained, this has just been recent. She gets enough exercise, she was just at the vet to check for a UTI.
My parents tried going back to keeping her on the leash in the house and yada yada but it isn't working.
The rugs that she pees on are all washed in stuff that says it gets the smell out and such, she does it in different areas. It is getting annoying and we don't know what is up with her.
Could she be mad?

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
I doubt she is mad. Mine don't potty in the house unless sick.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
If you have totally ruled out a UTI (with a urinalysis and a sterile culture and sensitivity)... Then I would chalk it up to behavior. If she were my dog, she would be crated. Many years ago, my perfect ten year old golden would wait on the porch while the other two went out to pee... I didn't know this... Someone started to pee in my house..all three were crated until I figured it out... I just had to tell Sally to go out and pee and it was fixed. As far as pooping, that is so tied in with eating... Make sure the dog poops when it goes outside..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts