Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two year old golden Bo has been acting out of character. He's been kinda lazy-like lately. He's typically very active loves walks and playing catch outside. He hasn't been very interested in playing after about two throws he's more interested in eating grass and the whole walk he's looking for the closest grass to eat. All he wants to do is cuddle all day, and he doesn't leave my side very much and he's a bit of an explorer so this worries me. I don't know if i should try to change his food or anything else? Scheduling a vet visit asap just wondering if this has happened to any other golden owners.

·
Glynis
2,534 Posts
You are a good owner to notice these changes. A vet visit will set your mind at rest. Hopefully it is nothing more than a minor upset tummy. Dogs often eat grass when they are not feeling 100%. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! Went on a car ride and a walk this morning, and he seemed to have perked up really well. The vet said he's in great health, but he might be a little anxious or down due to a recent schedule change. Just so hard not to be scared when our babies are acting strange, lol.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear your boy is feeling and doing better today. It could be he wasn't feeling good or it could have been due to your schedule change.
Our Goldens can sense things going on with us too, they're very intuitive.

Hope you'll share a picture of Bo with us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I never considered it because he's always so upbeat and active, and my fiancee's home with him, but he's such a mama's boy. I currently started school I think he felt my stress and the presence of me being gone, especially cause its evenings which is usually his favorite cuddle time. I appreciate the insight and advice and wishes from you guys so much!

Still figuring out how to attach things but hope this picture comes up :)

IMG_0190.JPG

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You have a very handsome boy.

If the laziness persists, you might ask your vet to test Bo for hypothyroidism. It is very common in Goldens and often emerges in a young adult. Three of the four Goldens I have/had developed hypothyroidism. Luckily the treatment is both inexpensive and very effective.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts