Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two days ago I got a English Golden retriever puppy. He's so calm, doesn't bite, or cry,& is a total love bug. I'm so blessed. But the problem is I can't decide on a name for him. He is a little chubby so I was going to name him Augustus. But then I pictured him older, I thought it wouldnt be fitting if he was no longer a little porker. So I started thinking of some other unique names. I like Chase, Chandler, McKinley, Finlay, Galileo, Nash, Mason, Mumford, Levi, and Brody. But none of them I really love. Im so puzzled on what to name my little guy& I would love to know if you know any unique boy names,& your opinions on the names I listed that I liked. Thank you! Much love, Kahla.

Attachments

·
Faux Wanda
1,528 Posts
I used to have a dog named Augustus. We called him Gus. When I am looking for a dog name I always look for a 1 or 2 syllable name. I like Chase and Chandler. McKinley and Galileo are too long for me unless you shortened them to Leo or Mac. I know a guy who named his dog Aristotle. They call him Ari. I like that one too.
Would love to see some pictures of your new pup.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
There are so many dogs on here with interesting names, you could poke around and find some great ideas. And, someone else has been trying to come up with names for her soon to arrive pup, so perhaps you could everything that was on there....here's the link: http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...help-me-name-my-puppy-please.html#post1791278

I'd say to find something that tells people a bit about your dog's personality... You could name him Mellow! I've never heard of a dog named that. :)

Be sure to post some pictures! You can't discuss a puppy on here without showing us the pup! :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
a name I heard recently which I thought was adorable was Buster... Not as unique as the names you listed but I had never thought of it and I grew sort of fond of it after I heard it... I like greek names too... I can't spell them but
Akilies? something like that....I won't atempt any more LOL, I would google that name list if it interests you.
SUPER adorable pup!!! Have so much fun :))))

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! This is so difficult, I have a headache from scrolling down so many pages of names! Lol, but I keep going back to Augustus, so maybe that will end up being his name. Who knows!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used to have a dog named Augustus. We called him Gus. When I am looking for a dog name I always look for a 1 or 2 syllable name. I like Chase and Chandler. McKinley and Galileo are too long for me unless you shortened them to Leo or Mac. I know a guy who named his dog Aristotle. They call him Ari. I like that one too.
Would love to see some pictures of your new pup.
Same here. I always want to use a 1-syllable name. I also prefer to use a person's (human) name, too, if possible.

Favs: Ben, Max, Hans (I've owned GSDs, before)

Alternatives: Lee, Kyle, Earl, Duke, Cade, Bo, Hyde, Jake etc.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I love different names as you can tell my golden is BaWaaJige, my pit bull is Vendetta and my rescue pups are Secret and Solo.

I had a goat named Shalom and I loved it I think it is a great name. There is Judah dont hear that one too often. Aspen it is a good name up north the aspen tree turn a beautiful yellow colour this time of year. To me it doesnt matter how long a name is in fact most of my animals have 3 syllable names

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I got my english golden in June. We decided on Murphy! My last male golden was Casey. I lost my dogue de bordeaux in April,,,,,,his name was Shamus!!!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
My favourite dog name 'Echo'....the name of my sweet fur baby at the bridge. I always loved that name. She was named 'Chance's Echo' because she looked just like her Mother, Chance (Echo would be a good boy name too)

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I was about to post the link to my thread but someone beat me to it! I would definitely check that out, there are a TON of good names on that thread!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was about to post the link to my thread but someone beat me to it! I would definitely check that out, there are a TON of good names on that thread!
Thank you:) but I went through the whole thread& still nothing. Sigh. I guess I'll never find a name.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
As hes an English Golden then maybe he needs an English name? He's such a little Prince how about a princes name or Windsor after the Royal family? Or an Olympic link as we had the Olympics here in the year he was born? Or an English town name? I love the ones that also have cheeses named after them as they match the lovely golden colour like Cheddar, Leicester, Derby, Stilton :)

And by the way, I know you already know but..he's an absolute Darling! What a cute boy! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As hes an English Golden then maybe he needs an English name? He's such a little Prince how about a princes name or Windsor after the Royal family? Or an Olympic link as we had the Olympics here in the year he was born? Or an English town name? I love the ones that also have cheeses named after them as they match the lovely golden colour like Cheddar, Leicester, Derby, Stilton :)

And by the way, I know you already know but..he's an absolute Darling! What a cute boy! :)
Wow I never thought of using an English town! I will research some now because I love that Idea! Actually I love all of your ideas, thanks:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts