Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My golden, Gus, is almost 2 (March 18th) and he is neutered. Every night after his meal and walk he runs upstairs to our bedroom and humps his bed. We call this behavior "naughty time." I have tried to get him to stop, leaving the bedroom door closed, reprimanding him during the act... if he does not have access to his bed, he will find a pillow off the sofa or something else and have his naughty time elsewhere. I have spoken to his breeder and she has all females but assured me that Gus would eventually outgrow this behavior and seemed to think there was no harm in letting him continue because afterwards he is done for the night, relaxes and is quite calm.

Does anyone else have any similar experience to share or opinions on whether Gus will outgrow the behavior?

It is all fine and good except that is has ripped two dog bed covers from LLBean in his "excitement" and that is getting annoying. His downstairs bed which is exactly the same has remained perfectly unscathed.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Does he get any off leash running around time? A walk may not drain off enough energy so he humps before bedtime. Similar to puppy zomies in the evening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts